4efte buggy start up and small test drive

Hi Everyone,

I know i have these video's posted up in my build thread but makes sense to post them up here, i have them on youtube now so as i add more video's i will add the links here as well.

Not much of a thrash yet as i need to sort a few things but will soon get there and i can give it more throttle :D

but for now a few teasers.......

http://youtu.be/g3X7MS_8gxg

http://youtu.be/QB7F215tuN4

All comments welcome people :D

Jason

lol Would love it to be on a similar level to yours mate but not too sure if im going mental power anymore.

Going to just start with a measly 200bhp and then maybe a few years down the line maybe go more??? Still not sure on weight though, 600kg maybe?!??

Yeah i was thinking more like 500kg, the engine and box probably weigh about 120kg maybe, I wouldnt go for massive power either, it will be more reliable and with that power to weight ratio even at 200hp thats 400hp per tonne lol!!

I don't think it will be 500kg, would love for it to get to that weight but i reckon im looking more at about 550kg+. Was aiming to eventually 5E it but in all honesty i think it will be more than enough with the 4E in there.

Decided a while back to just keep it running a CT9, they are so cheap as they are that i can easily get another one if i have any problems and replace it. Will eventually go for a aftermarket ecu but for moment i will just keep the standard unit and later on down the line sort that. Until i give it a proper drive i won't know what its like for acceleration but i imagine its not too shabby :D

Thanks guys for the posative feedback. Still a long way to go though but its slowly getting there.

Got the FCD fitted today and next job is to start looking at the brakes not bleeding correctly. My mate wants to come and see it on Saturday if he gets time so i may take it for a cheeky spin then, if i have a few problems sorted i might give it a bit more of a thrash!!!!!

Thanks Guys,

Socks, i think i owe a few people passenger rides lol

Might be the CV, problem is they are brand new outer CV joins and new wheel bearings so im thinking it probably won't be. I really hope its not a case of one of the driveshafts being a problem as i had them custom made and don't want to have to have them redone again.