ebc yellow stuff pads

Yellow pads are probably the best out of yellow/green and red. I've had yellows on mine since 2009 and they work good when cold, amazing when hot! Bought another set last week, from Tuning Developments which was a couple of quid cheaper than cam skill

EBC_Brakes.jpg

EBC Reds and Yellows get good feedback, EBC Greens are not up to it really, but Ferodo DS2500 gets the best feedback of the common fast road/trackday pads we have supplied.

We are testing a new heavy duty disc to worth with the OEM Toyota (Turbo) calipers and are a better way to spend your cash than EBC's discs.

They are aimed at people more interested in performance, and less interested in bling (grooves do very very little with modern pads).

im needing to get new front pads for my glanza and i was thinking ebc yellow stuff, are the ebc pads any good? whats peoples opinions?

thanks

Stefan

Yellow stuff work well for road use,keep away from red stuff unless used for track, i bought two set of ID-Workz cause he was cheapest on market including delivery.

Another decent set of pads you can use are Carbotech ones, but you're looking at £100+. http://www.carbotech-europe.com/

Good for fast road use. I found but on glanza brakes track use killed them. Im sure with bigger brake setup they would be fine though

How long were you out on track? I warped a set of disks with yellow pads after 15 minutes round Donington but thats probably due to heat increase/decrease to the disk.

Yellow stuff work well for road use,keep away from red stuff unless used for track...

Actually Red is fast road/trackday, Yellow is VERY fast road/trackday/full race.... you've got them the wrong way round, this is a common mixup for some reason!

pr_25ebc-compound-temp-chart-02.gif

Really? I found Greenstuff crap when cold, then unpredictable as they warmed up - always snatching a wheel etc!

Redstuff seem to warm up more evenly and appear better than Greens when stone cold too.....

I've not run Yellowstuff personally, have other people found Yellowstuff is better from cold than Redstuff? If so that's 100% the opposite of the EBC information.

DS2500 is apparently better from cold than Yellowstuff and better when hot too!

How long were you out on track? I warped a set of disks with yellow pads after 15 minutes round Donington but thats probably due to heat increase/decrease to the disk.

Exactly the same dude.

Green stuff on an n/a for road are fine, yellow fast road is fine on a turbo upto about 180ish hp imo. But the 18mm discs cant take any form of abuse on track, the pads will no doubt be fine imo

I've also heard the reds being track and yellows being fast road track?

If you want to track the car, get a brake upgrade with some 22-25mm discs :)

Edited by morgey

Really? I found Greenstuff crap when cold, then unpredictable as they warmed up - always snatching a wheel etc!

Redstuff seem to warm up more evenly and appear better than Greens when stone cold too.....

I've not run Yellowstuff personally, have other people found Yellowstuff is better from cold than Redstuff? If so that's 100% the opposite of the EBC information.

DS2500 is apparently better from cold than Yellowstuff and better when hot too!

When you set of from cold and cant stop end of street on time it's scary :shok:

av heard similar reviews about red from others to.

Found mintex pads ok but never used DS2500 sounds good 8)

When we had stock calipers on the GT we tried various combinations of discs and pads, ended up with EBC Discs and Yellowstuff pads, worked well for us when coupled with braided brake lines, a master cylinder stopper and some decent brake fluid.

Had no major issues with 15 - 20 minute track sessions, for stock calipers they perform well to be honest :)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

yellow fast road is fine on a turbo upto about 180ish hp imo.

Horsepower has nothing to do with how effective the brakes are. 100mph is 100mph regardless of 130hp or 300hp etc

Edited by Arnold

I know but it does affect the speeds you can get upto in between time for the brakes to cool down.

Basically what i was saying was i had glanza brakes ebc discs with yellows and hi temp fluid for 18months (170ish hp and 940kgs) and no problems on the road. 20mins on track soon showed up the flaws in the setup.

Less time in between braking when on track compared to the road, See what im saying? :)

Yeah. I wonder if air ducting to the disks would make much difference. This new set i've got (pictured above) will be doing a 20 min session at Mallory and Donington so we'll see if they cope better. My original EBC disks looked great, but older EBC components have a reputation for being a bit shit. Now they insist their products are made to a higher standard.

Basically a car is an energy conversion system. It converts fuel into momentum (at a faster rate the more powerful your engine is), and nearly all that momentum on a short track is turned into heat when you brake. The faster the car the less time the brakes have to cool, the higher the speed when you start to brake and the longer you have to brake!

So both resisting the heat and conducting the heat away as fast as possible become more and more important as power increases. Assuming you use that available power of course! :D

So obviously the best solution is a larger disc, with calipers with improved cooling etc (like the WMS 4 pot), but there is room for improving the OEM caliper performance too for those on a tight budget and that's the aim of our new disc. Because it's heavier it will run at a lower temperature and resist warping too due to being stiffer....that is a result of the physics.

We do offer EBC discs but have had problems with them as they appear get discs from various places like most brake brands - this is based on the fact we've had discs from them that while they carry the same part number and dimensions were TOTALLY different in terms of the castings shape, weight, bell shape as well as one disc being turned which the other was blanchard-ground - so they were NOT a pair even though they came in the same box! If they were making their own discs they would all be the same....

When we had stock calipers on the GT we tried various combinations of discs and pads, ended up with EBC Discs and Yellowstuff pads, worked well for us when coupled with braided brake lines, a master cylinder stopper and some decent brake fluid.

Had no major issues with 15 - 20 minute track sessions, for stock calipers they perform well to be honest :)

Cheers

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Would u say a brake cylinder stopper made a good bit of difference on the gt ??