Exercise! gym! recomendations for after work out drink powder?

i take 25g of unflavoured whey (it's cheaper) in my pre-shake along with 3g taurine (like drinking a red bull with less crap) and 5g of creatine, it's all your body needs per day. i am around half hour-hour latest before my workout, drinking it straight before i just get a headache from the creatine. the taurine and creatine give a bit of a boost.

in my post shake i have 25g of whey again mixed with dextrose. a lot of people say you don't need dextrose, but personally i feel it gives me a bit of a energy boost as well as speeding up recovery time. it's also cheap :D

got all my stuff from my protein, waited a little while for my delivery, but it was worth it. always a few promo codes floating around as well.

diet-wise i'm a student. i'm not going to eat six times a day. i try and get some breakfast in, getting all the carbs and crap in first because it's gonna be burned out during weight training and cardio anyway. along with my shakes, i will cook chicken a lot of time for dinner, always a different meal you can make, and always gonna be tasty.

i aim to train at least 5 times a week, sometimes it can be 4 depending on how busy i am, or sometimes it can be 6. always a day you have to miss for whatever reasons, so i use that as 'recovery' day.

i don't have a specific days in which i do specific things, but it will usually follow routines like this, i just catch-up what i've missed out on the past few days and shuffle it about every now and again.

bi's & triceps

bi's & shoulders

tri's & chest

bi's & legs

tri's & legs

bi's & back

some other shit with back.

always a 10 minute run before the start of each workout. and i will do some ab work like sit ups and cable crunches, sometimes rests and vice versa.

i just tend to shuffle it about a lot to make it less boring. i've been going consistently since around the start of last year, and i've still a lot to learn, especially since i've only recently started takings legs and back more seriously. and i've noticed since then, with squats and deadlifts the last of my puppy fat has started replacing itself for abs.

probably crap advice to someone else on here, but it's working for me. :D

Edited by Billy SR

good someone else knows there stuff amjad!

i don't see hit as being classed as cardio, Im talking about low energy long period running for hours on a treadmill that every sheep that wants to lose fat does.

personally I've put on over 2st in a year drug free without gaining any body fat. i already had been a well trained person so its not newby gains, just a change in method and a little education

Edited by keirz

Im talking about low energy long period running for hours on a treadmill that every sheep that wants to lose fat does.

personally I've put on over 2st in a year drug free without gaining any body fat. i already had been a well trained person so its not newby gains, just a change in method and a little education

In that sense I agree with you! You don't need to do that much cardio to lean up haha :lol:

Impressive gains!

Reflex is where it's at best whey protein I've ever used :)

I have to agree, I've used MyProtein's high impact whey protein, an american one and the Reflex whey protein. Reflex is what i would highly recommend, i feel like i'm getting leaner whilst taking this and putting muscle on at the same time.

Diet is the number one important factor, abs are made in the kitchen not the gym.

After a certain time when training, cortisol is released whatever exercises you're doing. HIIT cardio improves explosive strength and CV fitness over a short time spent actually doing the exercise, limiting cortisol release (I assume you know this as you mention sprints). You also get more mobility of joints, strengthening them and like I said above, better circulation throughout the body

I'm aware that weight training has it's CV benefits, and yes more muscle mass will increase basal metabolic rate. But ruling out cardio is a bit of a waste of time; adding contrasting exercises eg cardio into strength training regimes will only help improve recovery time and performance. I study physiology and all the rest of this malarkey at uni lol

I'm not knocking strength training, I actually prefer it :lol:

But I'd always vouch for including cardio in a strength training programme even if it isn't a great deal. The amount it should be done depends from person to person of course

Agree and also recommend... As soon as I get to the gym I start with a mile run before any strength building and end with the bike or cross trainer... Mainly because it just warms me up, warms me down, makes me feel better in general, healthier... Just kinda wakes me up and gets me "in the zone" for training lol. Never really thought about it helping me gain more on the strength side, I just imagine if I went and started on some weights straight away that I'd feel like shit lol... I've also been training for a while and never used any supplements at all. Ever lol... No reason. Think I might also give this Muscle Fuel Anabolic stuff a go.

Your body can only process around 32g of protein in one sitting, it's best to get as much of that in within a 20 minute period after a workout.

thats very precise....not....a common myth your body absorbs as much as it needs...20min period? o really....the window after workouts is VERY large this my friend is a myth again....

Sort normal diet out first before you go taking supplements.

Whey is good for post-workout, don't bother with pre-workout until you have been training for a while. It's unlikely you'll hit plateau's so quickly.

Creatine is also very good after you've been training for some time

Training hard, eating & resting well>supplements

This, compound exercises should be the bread and butter of your workouts....all you need is whey for now and pre-workout + creatine when your more advanced...nothing else

in my post shake i have 25g of whey again mixed with dextrose. a lot of people say you don't need dextrose, but personally i feel it gives me a bit of a energy boost as well as speeding up recovery time. it's also cheap :D

i aim to train at least 5 times a week, sometimes it can be 4 depending on how busy i am, or sometimes it can be 6. always a day you have to miss for whatever reasons, so i use that as 'recovery' day.

i don't have a specific days in which i do specific things, but it will usually follow routines like this, i just catch-up what i've missed out on the past few days and shuffle it about every now and again.

bi's & triceps

bi's & shoulders

tri's & chest

bi's & legs

tri's & legs

bi's & back

some other shit with back.

always a 10 minute run before the start of each workout. and i will do some ab work like sit ups and cable crunches, sometimes rests and vice versa.

i just tend to shuffle it about a lot to make it less boring. i've been going consistently since around the start of last year, and i've still a lot to learn, especially since i've only recently started takings legs and back more seriously. and i've noticed since then, with squats and deadlifts the last of my puppy fat has started replacing itself for abs.

probably crap advice to someone else on here, but it's working for me. :D

Dextrose is only needed if you`ve fasted for like 24hrs/have done multiple events all the studies carried out were in subjects with the said criteria none to my knowledge have been carried out on healthy well fed subjects (which you should be if your trying to pack on some mass).....no carbs are needed if you want carbs just add some oats even then if youve eaten a good meal before working out like you should this also isnt needed...the reason your probably feeling a difference is because your pre work out meal isnt adequate

BCAA are waste of time.....IF you have a good diet and use whey....ok when cutting tho

Do your cardio after weights, this way your not tired/fatigued and can shift more weight in the best form to warm up do a a set of 10 reps with a light weight of the exercise your going to do...id recommend the stronglift 5x5 program if your a noob. Dont be a bi/tri and chest-er your legs are the biggest muscles in your body...why miss them out?

Edited by Asad

agree with parts of that mate. the protein thing is not as precise as a set figure but there is an optimum amount to take at each serving to cut down on waste. the amount you need during a day depends also on your tolerance to carbs.

http://gofatkid.com/2010/05/charles-poliquins-10-donts-for-building-muscle/

above is some tips from Charles Poliquin

strong lifts is great

thats very precise....not....a common myth your body absorbs as much as it needs...20min period? o really....the window after workouts is VERY large this my friend is a myth again....

This, compound exercises should be the bread and butter of your workouts....all you need is whey for now and pre-workout + creatine when your more advanced...nothing else

Dextrose is only needed if you`ve fasted for like 24hrs/have done multiple events all the studies carried out were in subjects with the said criteria none to my knowledge have been carried out on healthy well fed subjects (which you should be if your trying to pack on some mass).....no carbs are needed if you want carbs just add some oats even then if youve eaten a good meal before working out like you should this also isnt needed...the reason your probably feeling a difference is because your pre work out meal isnt adequate

BCAA are waste of time.....IF you have a good diet and use whey....ok when cutting tho

Do your cardio after weights, this way your not tired/fatigued and can shift more weight in the best form to warm up do a a set of 10 reps with a light weight of the exercise your going to do...id recommend the stronglift 5x5 program if your a noob. Dont be a bi/tri and chest-er your legs are the biggest muscles in your body...why miss them out?

=

retardsuperman_zps1c1a1636.png

interesting stuff by that Charles fellow thanks for the link alan aragon and will brinks are good too...hit elliot up at strengthcamp on youtube

think we bored him and upset a few others :p

Noobs to training should try a few different things mix it up and find what suites there bodies . Meals and training wise way suites one doesn't suite all I've found one mans programme may not work aswel for another , and that really is the same for the diets in my opinion everyone's metabalism is different so will need tweaking to suite an individual