Modified ep82 coming to the UK :)

Importing this from Yahoo, the plan is ( I hope ) to use it as a donor for the track ep. Taking the engine, gearbox, clutch, fuelpump, turbo, power fc, gauges etc. The car will be sold on as stock afterwards and the rest of the parts put up for sale...will know more as time progresses.

Some pics (some of you may have seen it on Yahoo).

rear_1.jpg

front_1.jpg

engine_1.jpg

Seen this on yahoo aswell. Who's bringing it over for you? Did you get more details about it? the description on the listing is bare to say the least :D

Lol...does nobody read signatures these days :lol:

I run a business importing cars and parts from Japan mate, not my main line of work but it's fun!

As for the spec, well it was a bit sketchy but here's a few details:

TD05-16G with 18G exhaust housing,

tubi manifold,

wastegate,

Apex-i N1 muffler

75k on the clock but rebuilt 12k ago with new pistons and metal gasket

JIC coilovers on the front and Tein HA on the rear,

Endless discs and pads,

Various gauges including AF, water temp...

Power FC (no commander)

OS Gilken twin plate clutch

410cc injectors

Blitz fuel pump

Weds TC-05 rims

aftermarket ventless bonnet

Blitz FMIC

Roof has lost its laquer (most do...mine has) plus a few other details :D

Noiceee turbo.

Should be a bit of a beast.Youre putting that engine into youre project ep mate?

Yup that's the plan! I'm off to TDI tomorrow to get the car corner weighed and setup so I'll update when I get back (if it's good obviously) lol

Just back from TDI :lol:

They couldn't do a vast ammount as the rear isn't adjustable and the front just needed a toe-in adjustment. Good news is the car weighs 811kg fully wet, so even stock that's a power to weight of 166bhp per tonne! just think that if the 300hp engine is dropped in there, that'll rocket to 375 per tonne, zonda bashing anyone lol

yeah we almost did buy it, got it priced up etc, was coming in at about 2.5k landed, so i was VERY tempted.

i have two cars atm tho so it wouldnt be justifiable, plus, i couldnt see it feasable to use on the roads (mine struggles with grip on the ct9, let alone a td05). :rolleyes:

plus i was dubious as to the mods/condition of the engine, the kit etc has been on there a while, plus, i 'think' its stock pistons, not forgies (there's no mentioning of forgies in the translation).

would be a lovely sleeper though (although, i'd love an ae86, which can be had for the same money !).

good luck with it mate

good evening grandson :rolleyes:

2.5k landed hey? at 180k? you should have asked me lol!

Yup, you're right, the pistons are stock, no forgies, metal gasket and that's all he said on it. We'll see what it's like and get it tested when it drops :lol:

that was from only one importer mate, who do you use? (pm me if you'd like).

i haven't asked my cousin yet, he would prob be able to get it in cost if i got him on the case, just effort ;/

also, that was for the BIN price of 350k, i didnt know what it sold for as i never checked back (expected it to go for the BIN price tho, so good deal).

at 180k it would've been around £1800 after recalculating that. bargain.

apparently not, but as i said, i didnt check back on the auction.

if it was forged i would have probably gone for it, and chucked the engine in the glanza, was a bit dubious otherwise.

we'll see how it goes. me and dave fancy something for the track (turbo'd integra or something, or an ae86) so i'll have to keep my eye on there.

as i said mate, give me a pm with who you use if you can, that would be much appreciated.

cheers

Harrison

I will be dropping an efte lump in my car in the near future so just 1 quick question :rolleyes:

Will it be cheaper for me to get a GT thats been written off to take engine out of or cheaper to soure engine will all the various bit i will need?

I will be dropping an efte lump in my car in the near future so just 1 quick question :rolleyes:

Will it be cheaper for me to get a GT thats been written off to take engine out of or cheaper to soure engine will all the various bit i will need?

If you get a wrote off GT you could sell the bits you dont need i.e body panels etc and make some of your money back making the conversion cheaper :lol: