First coat of paint on the plate surround, need to colour restore the rest of the car. never realised how faded it was!

p4pb10498637.jpg

also, i definately need more lows....

p4pb10498641.jpg

gonna have a little venture into N/A tuning before the summer aswell as ive exhausted all funds for an FTE conversion. ahh well, no rush!

Sam.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crazy! Looks good anyway, currently one of my favourite NAs :)

Oooh, nice! Where do you get those wheels in europe? I've checked a few american sites selling that type of wheels but never seen them in europe or on a starlet! Nice choise, lovin it!

thanks :D and ebay mate, just search bullet steels! :thumbsup:

That's LOW!

but not low enough... ;)

Niceeeeeee! Do you know anyone selling these wheels , I have wanted bullets since I first lay eyes on them

thanks :) and nah sorry man :/ one of my mates was but decided to keep them. if i hear anything ill let you know! one thing i will say though is that they are very heavy!!

to be fair ive not seen MLs on a starlet! i seen some wheels on ebay the other day called Traklite Apex's that i reckon would look insane on a starlet, not been done before either (far as im aware) may be worth a look?

this is them - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Traklite-Apex-Alloys-15-x-8-25-20-4x100-114-Matt-Black-Red-Rivets-Civic-MX5-VAG-/221243138028?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item33831e5fec wish i'd got these but too expensive!

• 2 weeks later...

So.... New tyres, seat rails, steering wheel, manifold gasket etc all arrived. Cats going back in the exhaust this week as well as getting insurance, tax and get the new tyres on. Seats will have to wait a week or so while I fab the mounts up. Expensive month! Definitely not good on an apprenticeship wage!

Sam.

• 3 weeks later...

few updates:

rolled my arches ;)

p4pb10635519.jpg

Also fitted my new seats, steering wheel, harnesses

p4pb10635520.jpg

p4pb10635524.jpg

p4pb10635529.jpg

p4pb10635539.jpg

and how they look now

p4pb10640018.jpg

p4pb10640019.jpg

couple of pics from the other night

p4pb10635518.jpg

p4pb10635517.jpg

Next up is false floor and a service. and got an idea for an exhaust that will either look massively sh*t or cool...

Sam.

Looks good buddy!, Loving the pink theme with the gear knob and floor mats!,

Wont be to everyones taste but imo looks sick!

What's the plan with the exhaust? :)

cheers mate! :) yeah, most people probably think its disgusting but i love it hahah. and the plan for the exhaust is something like this....

p4pb10645974.jpg

no idea if it will suit the starlet though! thoughts?

Sam.

I knew itd be along the line of a boso! I put a very mild one on mine a while back, didnt suit it very much imo, but check out the one me and a mate made for my old fiesta

7826820272_41db0b4921_z.jpg

they suit ratty cars really well, seen one on a smooth fiesta and it looked poo tbh, never know till ya try dude!

I knew itd be along the line of a boso! I put a very mild one on mine a while back, didnt suit it very much imo, but check out the one me and a mate made for my old fiesta

7826820272_41db0b4921_z.jpg

they suit ratty cars really well, seen one on a smooth fiesta and it looked poo tbh, never know till ya try dude!

got any pics of it on yours Dan? even if it does look gash ill probably leave it on. got a bit of a boso fetish haha, very nearly bought some rivet on arches for it the other day!

gonna give it a try start of next month as i have a whole spare exhaust to mess around with. gonna order some 3 inch stainless and get it bent to shape, hopefully have it stick up as far as the top of the bumper.

There in my progress blog somewhere, we literally just welded a bend onto the end of the standard back box, it looked terrible, i have been thinking about another one recently, but i need the bit that goes over the beam to play with, got a couple of different ideas i wana play with!

Just be careful about the old bill, because they are ilegal as fuck!

There in my progress blog somewhere, we literally just welded a bend onto the end of the standard back box, it looked terrible, i have been thinking about another one recently, but i need the bit that goes over the beam to play with, got a couple of different ideas i wana play with!

Just be careful about the old bill, because they are ilegal as fuck!

Sure they're illegal? Surely protruding exhaust piping is fine since caterams, lorry's and some landrovers have exhausts on the outside. I'll give VOSA a ring because can't be bothered with more hassle off the police :/

Yeah man very illegal, exhaust can only stick out 15mm further than the furthest point on the rear bumper I think, that and you'll burn your legs getting stuff out the back like me and my mates did all the time aha

Yeah man very illegal, exhaust can only stick out 15mm further than the furthest point on the rear bumper I think, that and you'll burn your legs getting stuff out the back like me and my mates did all the time aha

hmmm, may just leave it then. police round here have a massive hard on for anything modified and cant be arsed with the hassle haha

• 1 month later...

little updates. picked up this motorbike exhaust for free for a play about as the Boso style i wanted may attract the police too much, and it turned out like this...

p4pb10769730.jpg]

gonna connect it up next weekend!

got a fully refurbed GT turbo rear beam + adjustable panhard rod for £30!!! 8) (god know when ill bother fitting it though)

went a bit radge and bought some JDM/ drift style fiberglass bolt on arches from Stucat87 which ill get photos up of when they arrive! :D

means ill be taking a grinder to my front and rear arches which will be... entertaining.....

to be fair though, what it needs most is a good service and a clean because at the moment its turned into a #NoFucksGiven sort of car which i never really wanted to happen to it :/

anyway, ill update with pics when possible.

Opinions on the exhaust?

Sam.