Hi all, as most of you know I had my first EP written off the other week :'( So after a couple of weeks searching I spotted this PINK 1997 sportif down in Warrington with 66k on the clock, new cam belt, radiator and full service and being sold by a senior technician at Toyota. 1 owner from new and £580! BARGAIN.

So popped down yesterday night and drove it 200 miles back! It was pitch black, gail force winds and raining on skinny ass tyres so was sketchy to say the least but I'm happy with it :)

p4pb9461495.jpg

p4pb9461493.jpg

p4pb9461465.jpg

p4pb9461489.jpg

p4pb9461485.jpg

the underside is immaculate

p4pb9461491.jpg

p4pb9461487.jpg

the only bit thats really annoying me is this rust next to the back window as its stood for a long time (its only done 6k in the last 4 YEARS!)

anyone know the best way to sort it?

p4pb9461480.jpg

Plans are to go turbo and have a mad pink sleeper, until then ive got a fair few bits to go on and stuff to do to be ready for Japfest :D

parts ive got:

- 14" BBS RJs with conti tyres (temp wheels)

- Seat Leon Cupra R splitter

- D1 spec wheel nuts

- Corolla Mani

- K&N Panel filter

- Bosch super 4 spark plugs

- Full straight through exhaust from mani back

- Brembo brake pads

- New headunit

- OEM toyota mats

- Parcel shelf with speaker

- dials from my old CD

- OEM mudflaps

- clear indicator lenses

- Import plates

oh, and coilovers are getting bought TODAY hopefully!!

then gotta de-bumpstrip it, stone chip and waxoil the under neath and then sort out a few bits and bobs on the paint work. Updates shall follow VERY soon :D

Sam.

Edited by pinske
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha pink sleeper is just WIN :D

Look forward to the progress you make dude!

thanks man :) got the BBS's on, wheel nuts and mats. gonna have a bash at the splitter in a minute

bills no gona b happy that theres 2 salmons now lol

looks good! The rust at the back window....take out the window, rub it down, fill any little holes, smooth it and respray. simples :thumbsup:

haha yeah :S atleast he's not alone now though! i take it the windows are glued in so ill have to get new rubbers and get it fitted professionally?

So are you bring this to japfest? AWESOME!

yeah mate, cant wait! wonder if there will be any other pink one there

looks sweet mate should be awesome once your finished with it

thanks man :)

bills no gona b happy that theres 2 salmons now lol

haha yeah :S atleast he's not alone now though! i take it the windows are glued in so ill have to get new rubbers and get it fitted professionally?

Best of both worlds really, it's given me confidence to hold in there with mine and gives me a bit of competition. Will be awesome to see two salmon's together in the future, and it will be interesting to see what each of one of us does. It's a spitting image of my car, which i bought with 65k haha, so best of luck, i've still not washed mine after 4 months haha :D

Edited by Billy SR

Best of both worlds really, it's given me confidence to hold in there with mine and gives me a bit of competition. Will be awesome to see two salmon's together in the future, and it will be interesting to see what each of one of us does. It's a spitting image of my car, which i bought with 65k haha, so best of luck, i've still not washed mine after 4 months haha :D

yeah, i cant wait! of course ive been getting abuse for it all day off my mates but i love it! mines getting a full wash, wax and polish tomorra. might do the inside if i can be bothered. cant wait to see what you do with yours though, you going to Japfest?

It needs another U on the end of the number plate, then you could call it Fu-fu :lol:

funny you should say that, my dad said the same thing last night and now everyone calles it Fu Fu haha :fool:

Yeah buddy! Salmon sleeper! Look forward to seeing what you do with it dude

:D already got temp wheels on, clear indicator lenses, mats and the K&N as well as the headunit. splitter and a few other bits tomorra if the weather holds off

yeah, i cant wait! of course ive been getting abuse for it all day off my mates but i love it! mines getting a full wash, wax and polish tomorra. might do the inside if i can be bothered. cant wait to see what you do with yours though, you going to Japfest?

I was originally, but for financial reasons can't afford to get my car in the state I want in time, so i'd rather wait till it's slammed before it sees any shows :D i've got a flower necklace hanging from my rear view mirror, embracing the pink :D

Edited by Billy SR

I was originally, but for financial reasons can't afford to get my car in the state I want in time, so i'd rather wait till it's slammed before it sees any shows :D i've got a flower necklace hanging from my rear view mirror, embracing the pink :D

ahh fair enough man :( gutted, would of been ace with 2 there! forgot to add....

JUST BOUGHT SOME COILOVERS FINALLY AFTER MONTHS AND MONTHS OF SAVING!!!! :D thanks to Lukeous for that

Edited by pinske

Few updates, got my import plates on and splitter, also got the parcel shelf from the CD in it after spending an hour hunting around for the wire.

splitter:

p4pb9482135.jpg

p4pb9482158.jpg

p4pb9482171.jpg

parcel shelf:

p4pb9482179.jpg

also my coilovers finally came! should be fitted tomorrow

p4pb9482208.jpg

p4pb9482215.jpg

and some other pics:

p4pb9482144.jpg

p4pb9482175.jpg

p4pb9482182.jpg

p4pb9482186.jpg

fave pic of it so far:

p4pb9482192.jpg

Updates tomorra hopefully.

Sam.

where the hell did you find the speaker plug, i've been trying to find it to fit my SR shelf for so long!

basically pull the whole inside of the rear quarter off, its taped up to the loom. took me a while to spot it in all honesty. but it was there, its hiding away, but you can see the plug on the end of it :) wish i'd taken photos so i could explain better

Sam.

basically pull the whole inside of the rear quarter off, its taped up to the loom. took me a while to spot it in all honesty. but it was there, its hiding away, but you can see the plug on the end of it :) wish i'd taken photos so i could explain better

Sam.

thank god, i've been missing my rear speakers for so long! are you fitting the coilovers yourself?