A guy on here is interested in buying the exhaust system that I have up for sale, so he text me yesterday offering £300. If you guys have not seen my f/s thread, the price says £450 firm. I asked if he would at least meet me at £300 plus postage so i'm not left majorly out of pocket as it cost over my asking price to have done in the first place so as it is i'll be losing out on around £200 shy and it's still fairly new. He said he can't as he's already borrowing £50 off his old man. I said to him I will be willing to do it for £300 posted if he paid last night out of the kindness of my own heart to help a member out, he kind of agreed etc.. Then said payment would be this morning. And I said to the guy that i'm booked in at the exhaust place tomorrow (today) in the afternoon for my new exhaust. Well surprise surprise no payment this morning, because he doesn't feel that a 'bank transfer' is safe enough to transfer the money? Like seriously? A BANK transfer, 'bank', where your money is kept safe....... I said I don't use paypal because of scams and simply the fee's are outrageous.

He thinks he will pay me the money and then I won't send the exhaust, I literally explained to him THREE times that i'm a well known member on here and even more known on civiclife with nearly 5 thousand posts. I don't pay to be a member on here if i'm going to mug someone off for Christ sake.

I don't know how this guy expects to pay me? Cause i'm sure as hell not driving to deliver it over 200 odd miles away.

Just a bit pissed off to be honest as I've had to cancel my booking at the exhaust place because he hasn't paid me cause bank transfers aren't safe apparently and I've wasted my day hanging around all morning and most of the afternoon on the off chance he may send the money.

Major waste of my time so far considering I've fucking dropped the price £150 AND offered to pay postage AND offered to have it machine polished before it gets sent AND sort out a courier, but hopefully things will go to plan this evening.

If not, I will be leaving some major neg feedback in the correct section later tonight to warn others of the time waster.

Yes I posted it here because I want the guy to see this because if someone offers a price to a seller you assume they are ready to send the money over instantly.

to be honest bank transfer can be a bit dodgey tho i sold a couple grands worth or parts recently and everyone was happy to send as a gift/bank transfer to keep it cheaper for both parties. ive sent countless bank transfers for parts but only to people that have a good rep on here

The fact still remains that i'm a well known member on both forums now and why would I pay to be a member on here if I was going to steal money lol.

It just pisses me off because I have no idea what he expects me to say? There's paypal, or there's a bank transfer. It's simple.

Lets be honest guys, if the lad sent me £300 via a bank transfer and I didn't send it, he can just go to his bank and they will sort it out.

It annoys me when people don't trust me and it annoys me even more when people ask to buy shit, haggle me, I try and be as fair as I can and offer as much service as I can to help with no trust given back. Why the fuck would I have it machine polished for starters, I have better things to do than clean an exhaust up but as it helps the sale and would give me good feedback I was willing to do it! It's the little things guys, the little things. I've offered as much as I can in the way of sorting stuff out, paying for postage and machine polishing the exhaust. I've been more than fair, imo.

Know the feeling dude, cant stand low ballers. I generally dont have the time for them..

That's it bud, I literally have wasted my whole day today waiting around for jack shit!

And the guy had the cheek to tell me that he hasn't been wasting my time!!! Wtf, Christ.

Lets be honest guys, if the lad sent me £300 via a bank transfer and I didn't send it, he can just go to his bank and they will sort it out.

o.

He wouldn't be entitled to any money back from the bank, no security for the buyer buddy!

He wouldn't be entitled to any money back from the bank, no security for the buyer buddy!

Yea id never pay for anything without using paypal for security and it doesnt really matter who you either look at c j performance for example everyone thought they were trustworthy its easyer to just use paypal and pay the 4% i can imagine it sucks being in that situation tho.

Edited by StarletSr?

The fact still remains that i'm a well known member on both forums now and why would I pay to be a member on here if I was going to steal money lol.

It just pisses me off because I have no idea what he expects me to say? There's paypal, or there's a bank transfer. It's simple.

I'm pretty sure a lot of members on here thought they were safe paying CJ Performance a lot of money for parts and that isn't looking too good so can't blame a guy for being cautious!

Edited by WallaceGlanza

I'm pretty sure a lot of members on here thought they were safe paying CJ Performance a lot of money for parts and that isn't looking to good so can't blame a guy for being cautious!

Yeah, there's a cautious and then there is just stupid..

I offered him a lot of service, and knocked my price nearly in half. How can you ever buy anything online if you don't trust a payment system? I answered all of his questions, gave him my facebook, told him to look at my user profile on civiclife and everything. What more can I do..