removing just engine

might be a dumb question but ive seen quite a few pics of peoples engine bays with just a gearbox in it looking at it it looks like it would be fucking close to remove just the engine its on a 4paw so transfer box is there but its not realy in the way.

anyone removed just the engine?

i just did it there lad on mi own left gearbox in the car connected to the mounts head of engine then loosened the engine bolds and dropped it on mi own and refitted a other 1 its not that hard u just need to be strong to be able to hold the engine on your own but watch your fingers i got stuck between block and leg today and it hurts

ahh ok that gives me some confidence then lol. its all pretty much striped down now anyway. fuck lifting the engine by hand when my 5e arrived on a pallet me and my mate had to lift it up a set off stairs to my house honestly almost passed out fucking hell! didnt help the guy hadnt even drained the oil :sad:

it can be done with leaving tge box etc in. i did on mine. and on my v. just drop all the mounts and tace it an angle, with the gearbox lower than the engine and the cambelt side higher. its close but its doable. I've done a good few times mate ;)

Howd you get on ?

Dont need an engine crane on a starlet anyway haha.

Jack the front out up high and drop the engine down, then for putting it back in, trolley jack under engine and drop the motor down around it whilst jacking up the engine :)

removed it today actualy was reasonably easy apart from me missing a bolt on the sandwich plate and wondering why it wasnt moving. removed engine and front gearbox mount rigged up some seat belts to crane with driverside on slightly shorter so it lifted out and an angle and just poped out nicely