Td04 standard internals

Hi guys, as most of you know I'm now running a td04 set up, and have been for a week. And it's been running a dream at 0.5bar. I'm currently saving for a emanage and map at tuning developments but the way things are going at the minute it's looking like that wont be happening for a while. Just wondering what's the most boost I could run on a td04 with standard ecu, injectors and pump? As at the minute it seems slower than the old ct9 set up and very sluggish. Am I safer to just put up with it until I can afford mapping or can I squeeze a little more boost out of it?

Serious suggestions only please, none of this 'get an FCD and run 6million bar' please

Thanks

Liam

You'll be fine to run 0.7bar tbh....

Dont buy a fcd....

You'll be able to go 1bar on stock injectors probably....

Prolly could go to 1.2bar safely on proper management mapped up :)

So you reckon it could go upto 0.7bar on standard pump, injectors and ecu? Never ever gonna buy an Fcd as I totally disagree with them.

Will eventually be going to a bar on emanage it's just to tie me over until the money comes in!

So you reckon it could go upto 0.7bar on standard pump, injectors and ecu? Never ever gonna buy an Fcd as I totally disagree with them.

Will eventually be going to a bar on emanage it's just to tie me over until the money comes in!

Ye be fine I would think!

You got an adjustable regulator? If you have a touch of extra pressure wouldnt hurt :)

Cool, this was the reason for putting the thread up as I want to know people experiences before just going ahead and doing it.

I don't have a FPR no, as tbh I don't really know how they work or what they do so I've never really bothered.

Cool, this was the reason for putting the thread up as I want to know people experiences before just going ahead and doing it.

I don't have a FPR no, as tbh I don't really know how they work or what they do so I've never really bothered.

There not 100% needed...

but offers the tuner a little more adjustability to set your car up perfect...

They allow you to alter the fuel pressure. More fuel is needed for more boost :)

im running 1bar on standard ECU, standard fpr, standard injectors, 255 pump, and a fuel controller

i ran it with an FCD for a year before i got the fuel controller, no problems at all

I wouldn't recommend raising the fuel pressure on the stock pump. Raising the fuel pressure puts more strain on the pump and it doesn't flow as much as what it would do at a lower pressure. That on a stock tired out old 15 + year old pump is going to hurt and could cause damage.

You will need to upgrade the pump before tuning anyway :)

Thanks for all the replies guys! Really in two minds about what I wanna do. I have people on here saying it'll be fine and then the professionals telling me not too as its risky! Ahhhhh!!

Your best option would be to get an fcd and run 6 million bar.

Don't make me ban the shit outta you :p

i had mined maped for 1.3 bar on stock injectors and no fpr and it went fine so i reakon you be perfectly fine just to bang a walbro in there and run 0.8. i will say tho i ran a blitz ecu at 1bar before i got the emu and even after winding up the boost to 1.3bar i noticed i was actualy using less petrol despite running a hell of alot more power.

at the end of the day theres no set answer you could try run 0.8 bar and the engine decide to shit itself or you could do a driver and keep all the fuel system stock bang on a blue and map it to 1.6 bar and have no issues. modding your car is pushing it away from standard and taking it out of the safe zone so fuck it why not go for .8 with a walbro and give it a shot