Right, so trying to get the car started for first time in months and it. Just won't fire! Turns over fine but when I turn the key back to OFF, its like the fuel pump is priming and there's a hissing coming from the left hand of the fuel rail, sounds like a fuel leak but no fuel leaking? I can't get to the route of the problem and and seriously considering selling up.. Anyone got any advice?

Does that connect to the inlet manifold I take it? The lines fine, I don't think its sitting quite flush to the fuel rail due to the rail being powdercoated so will rub that down aswell! Injector seals have just been replaced so I don't think that's the problem as there's no fuel leak? This is bamboozling me like you wouldn't believe!

Is it the little round thing with a small vacuum line off it and a larger fuel line? Bolted onto the end of the fuel rail with 2 bolts?

Should have an o-ring on it sealing it to the fuel rail (since its not leaking that isnt a problem)

If in doubt replace it with a another one, someone fitting a rrfpr will be able to sell you one cheap hopefully!

Its a sportif! I was in at the ignition the past few days trying to sort my horn/airbag so I've maybe bumped it :( how would I sort it? On that note, I have a plug with a yellow lead hanging underneath my steering wheel (within the cowl), where does that plug in?

Yellow lead it air bag i think (mines disconnected since i brought it 6 years ago lol)

Yeah if you've had the plastic cowl off very high chance you've moved the imm ring out of range. I moved mine ever so slightly to fit a different cowl and it stopped the car from starting!

Is your airbag light not on after disconnecting it? Lol

Get the cowl off and Just put it next to the key in the barrel and try start the car before faffing about loads getting it back it place. Just check that it is that. :)

It should just start straight up if its back in place.

Not that I'm aware of? Doesn't come up on the dials when the electrics are on haha!

I'll give that a try tomorrow :) by the way, shouldn't fuel pump prime when ignitions on? Not when you turn the key off? And how long does it take? Seems like its. Never gonna stop!

The airbag light should come on with ignition lights and go off soon after starting.

Erm fuel pump im not sure on, my corolla doesn't prime and neither does my starlet, but my starlets not running a efe of any shape or form so i cant say. But yeah shouldnt hear it after turning the key off :/

start with the basics make sure all the right earths are in place. then make sure you got spark

then check your getting fuel. if the inlet has been powder coated was the engine running before with this on?

the fuel pressure regulator vacuum pipe to the inlet could be blocked as the inlet manifold nipple is very small and could be blocked

Is your engine turning over fast enough, are your sparkplugs dry, are you gettin fuel, is it trying to fire or.just turning over. Sportif's didnt usually have immobilisers (or airbags) and itll still start with the.immobiliser but switch off after 3_5seconds. Id say your battery isnt charged enough..

Is your engine turning over fast enough, are your sparkplugs dry, are you gettin fuel, is it trying to fire or.just turning over. Sportif's didnt usually have immobilisers (or airbags) and itll still start with the.immobiliser but switch off after 3_5seconds. Id say your battery isnt charged enough..

99.9% sure all uk spec ep91's have immobilisers dude, only cat 2 but its something!