Snapped crank :-(

Woah! What power and set up? Something quite catastrophic must've happened. Maybe the transmission locked up or a piston/rod jammed somehow. Have you took it apart and had a look at pistons rods flywheel etc?

How were you driving at the time?

Edited by funny onion

Crank was lightened and balanced I believe, standard crank pulley, the one noticeable thing was pitting in the bearing shells although it hadn't damaged any of the crank, but I did find a length of sump sealant in the oil ways when I took the engine apart

I'll upload some in a bit I haven't many good ones I'll take more soon. Strange though 4x good pistons barely even coked up, 3x immaculate pauter rods and one bent. It took off nearly a quarter of the block by fly area

Edited by TurboTobz

Was it knife edged? I've heard of a similar story where the crank was lightened and it cracked/fractured.

No, looked to have been shaved on a lathe or something but I could be completely wrong, the little end of the one with bent rod and where the crank snapped feels tight but this could have been damaged at the time I don't know if it was seizing up or something that it stressed the crank

Damn! Thats snapped in a unusual place too. Has the crank been reground?

Ive seen a couple of snapped cranks at work and they have sheared usually on or next to one of the mains. :-S