Im running a Glanza box after i blew third out of my old GT box, is it just third gear thats different in the boxes? Same final drive etc? I hit 140mph earlier and the revs were at 6500rpm. In the old GT box i hit 165mph on many occasions and i have never hit the limiter in fifth. I take it i will also be able to get 165mph with the glanza gearbox too? Im just waiting for the right time to test it but need to know otherwise il be taking this box back off! Thanks in advance :) PS private roads ofcourse!

Its 3rd and 4th thats different between the boxes mate. They are longer in the GT box than in the Glanza box. They use the same final drive which I believe tops out around 176mph on a stock rev limit of 7200rpm.

Its 3rd and 4th thats different between the boxes mate. They are longer in the GT box than in the Glanza box. They use the same final drive which I believe tops out around 176mph on a stock rev limit of 7200rpm.

I still don't believe the fact they top out at 176mph, if that's the case, I know me, Morley and jack CTR have all hit the limiter in 5th...

I still don't believe the fact they top out at 176mph, if that's the case, I know me, Morley and jack CTR have all hit the limiter in 5th...

Just going by what Dave B said. He managed like 180+ with a raised rev limit on the dyno.

Im nights tonight il do the test again, should see 160 again without hitting the limiter. Id do a video but the road is only 1 mile long so as soon as you hit 160 your foot is welded to the brake pedal for the roundabout lol

I said no excuses lol.

Nah, i kidding man, thats a licence looser, keep that kinda shit to the racetrack :D haha.

I find a couple of CDs duct taped to the number plates works well against speed cameras.

Seriously sit at 3600rpm take a note of your speed. Will be around the 75mark at a guess and then double it.

What ever speed you are doing at 3600 is exactly half of what your car will do at 7200rpm

Then you have to take note of speedo error which can be upto 10% out. So if its

75 @3600

Thats

150 @7200

With upto 10% error you're looking at 135-140mph on the limiter

If you want to be accurate get on some flat land and get a satnav out ;)

What your saying sounds true but there is no way on earth my Glanza is hitting 140mph on the limiter, honestly ive raced M3's that can hit 160 and ive been beside them laughing, when i go through speed traps my clocks are actually showing less than what the trap is saying aswell! I promise il get a video soon and il post it on here for everyone. From previous comments ive heard 167mph is the limit but like i said ive never bounced the limiter in fifth

Just done the test and got 155 on camera. Was hoping for 160 maybe i could of achieved it if i was paying more attention and not holding my phone, it was so loud in the car fuck knows if i hit the limiter im praying i didnt otherwise this box will be coming back off.

Wether the speedo was right or not but I got 169mph at 7k with a little more left and with give video evidence soon :)

In an EP82 yeah?

Remove the spoiler :thumbsup:

She gets there quick enough dude its the ratio in fifth lol

Maybe you got a shorter final drive? TRD hidden gem?

Either that or you got a different box from something like a corolla/mr2 but not sure what the ratio's are like on these boxes.

Do mr2 boxes fit? I swear i have an old receipt with something mr2 written on it! I had a GT box in before though and was hitting was 160, i blown third out of it so il buy a nackerd GT box off someone and get it built up :)