Who gave you a good insurance quote on a GT/V?

This thread was to find a temp insurer for my NA but it seems like one month is just too pricey! Just want to ask who gave you a good price on your GT/Glanza.

I'm planning to cover my NA for a month and then transfer it over to my GT for the rest of the year. I've been told to call the following insurers:

-Sky

-Flux

-Green light

-Performance Direct

Who else is there?

Thanks

Amjad

Edited by Amjad

Thanks, will call them in the morning! Tried a few quotes and they're coming back at £300 for a month :o

Gonna rename this thread, I may as well try to find a cheap annual insurer for my GT and have the first month to cover my NA and then transfer the cover to the GT!

Too fast Tris haha, yeah that's what I'm gonna try tomorrow!

I just got a quote from elephant through go compare. Was very reasonable :) Just for comparison,

1137 upfront for a GT, TPFT, 19 years old, parents as named, me as main, 0ncb, in a low area postcode. Boom.

You should defo check them out Amjad :)

I used to be with Elephant back in my first year, the initial price was good but renewal was shit lol

I will call them just in case though, see what they say as I'm in my 20's and have a few NCB now

Im with aviva, been with them for the past 2 years now. Paying about £400 for the year, fully comp and protected ncb

How old are you scotty? And how many NCB?

Is that as a Glanza with mods declared or just as a 1.3 starlet?

That's a good quote!!

Try the main stream ones like admiral elephant stuff like that I know you said their renewal was shit but if you go online and get a new quote again it will most definately be cheaper than your renewal.

Also explain the situation on the phone they should help you with the cheapest way to go from one car to the other after the month as there is a number of ways you could do so.

Mines is about 1200 for the year for the Glanza and the BM. Thats for me and the Mrs both 23 both with 5 years no claims and me with a pretty 10 points lol :D

Thats with Admiral on a multi car policy.

Edited by StuDoc 72

How old are you scotty? And how many NCB?

Is that as a Glanza with mods declared or just as a 1.3 starlet?

That's a good quote!!

22, 5 years ncb. Got 3 points as well, ts10 traffic light violation

Yeah its as a glanza but no mods, as its just exhaust and wheels really. Will declare them at renewal though.

I think it was £433, paid in one go. Just after i accepted it though, adrian flux phoned back saying they managed to find me a cheaper quote of £400 but was too late by then! :(

Edited by scottyb

Can't get anywhere near that myself Scotty, they said £1600 which is a joke!

Best so far is Flux through Go compare, £681 paying monthly. I'm quite happy with that for a bench mark, gonna call the smaller insurers in a bit hopefully they can knock a bit more off! :)

Sky Insurance FTMFW! Very happy with the service and price! :)

Called Greenlight who asked what price Sky gave me. They said and I quote, "bite Sky's arm off for that price" :lol:

Thanks Alex & the guys over at Sky Insurance, sorted!!

Can't get anywhere near that myself Scotty, they said £1600 which is a joke!

Best so far is Flux through Go compare, £681 paying monthly. I'm quite happy with that for a bench mark, gonna call the smaller insurers in a bit hopefully they can knock a bit more off! :)

I was £1200 when i got it at 18/19, then £800 and now £400 :D im in a quiet town with veryyyy little car crime which probably helps alot!

At least you have it all sorted!

Yep, very happy :)

Thanks to everyone that posted! This thread should come in use to those looking around for insurers, most cheaper ones have been mentioned in here!