R888 are rated as worse in the wet than the a048 yokohamas and as for use it depends on which compond you buy the tyre in as bothe the yoko and toyo are available in soft and medium componds iirc. They only come with around 6mm tread from new as apose to the 8mm plus of a regular tyre so wear rates will be higher but it will depend on driving style and roads etc. But expect to change them much sooner than other tyres. Not realy needed unless racing on trackdays. Id recomend yoko ad08's or prada spec 2's for fast road as they still have fairly ok wet grip.

My brother has r888's on his daily driven civic, had them on the front and back with pradas at the opposite.

The r888's are better in the wet than the pradas by a long way acording to him.

Saying that pradas and r888's are both "summer" tyres

R888s are fine in wet/damp conditions - its where there is standing water they wont have any grip, check out R1R for wet use, but im a fan of federal rsr tyres.

As for changing them after 1000miles - that will depend on your driving, as shorty said, they come with around 5mm tread from new (normal road tyres come close to around 8mm).

As road tyres they will be illegal at normal tread depth of 1.6mm, however these will be fine for drag/track use.

Aaahh shite, probably should've mentioned they're for 14s, but all of the tyres I'm looking at on camskill for 185 55 14 look shite.. I had some khumo ecstas on the front before but they just used to spin up (did used to drive like a knob though):D

Perhaps ill just go for some R888's and just know the limitations in the wet and drive like a granny as its my daily driver.

Thanks, tom.

Aaahh shite, probably should've mentioned they're for 14s, but all of the tyres I'm looking at on camskill for 185 55 14 look shite.. I had some khumo ecstas on the front before but they just used to spin up (did used to drive like a knob though):D

Perhaps ill just go for some R888's and just know the limitations in the wet and drive like a granny as its my daily driver.

Thanks, tom.

What did u go for in the endup Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I had nankangs with 192 bhp and it wud spin all the way through second i now have 249 bhp and r888 and second gear is fine. There expensive but ohh my god!! in dry there awsom and wet are better than nankangs too. So pleased with them :)