Hey,

Thought i'd get a little thread started with my plans over the next few weeks for my little Solida

IMG_0099-1.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

Theres a few photos as it stand at the mo.

I have a few plans for the engine at the moment but nothing major as i hope to drop a 4efte in towards the end of the year.

So far i have a rolla manifold on the way - cheers to scutch0 for that.

Anything anyone can recommend for upgrading the power on the N/A engine or have for sale?

Mainly going to focus on just giving it a good clean up and service then some cosmetic and handling upgrades in preparation for the new engine

At the moment im looking for:

• Speedline alloys
  • Glanza rear bumper
  • TTE spoiler
  • Maybe a glanza interior but different seats for sure.
  • Coilovers
  • strut braces
  • antilift kit
  • antiroll bar
  • TTE backbox or something similar

Going to get the strips taken off the side too when i get some time

hopefully be updates with some of these bits in the next few weeks :)

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome

Cheers

Tom

Great base man plus love the colour looks really clean.

Cheers mate, i really like the colour to but it does have a few imperfections needs a bit a respray on the front bumper and theres a slight dint in the passenger door which just offends me when i see it in the sunlight haha, so i want that sorting out sometime soon :)

Looks like a good base to start from mate. You'll be lucky to get an original TTE backbox. Yaris TTE exhausts are supposed to be similar.

Ahh ok mate cheers for the advice i'll have to keep my eyes out for one then

• 3 weeks later...

just tried fitting my Rolla mani and a new air filter like this here http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/41623-rw-developments-na-air-filter-hard-pipe-kit-in-stock/ from dean :D

But now it won't start, the car turns over but it will not fire up and the check engine light is on :(

When i turn the key back to off it makes some hissing noise from around the fuel rail and injectors, just wondered if anybody has any ideas, maybe something stupid that i could have forgotten about :/

Cheers

Very nice mate, that colour is so nice!

If you change seats I might have to take those stock ones off you :p

Ok matey if i find myself some new ones i'll give you a shout :thumbsup:

Looks good! Reminds me of my blurple beast ;) check my build thread (it could do with updating)

cheers man, just looked through your build looks awesome. but i noticed you fitted a corolla mani and all went well, so i cried a little haha

You may have forgotten to fit the earth wire to the back of the manifold. I fitted mine to the throttlebody as it was easier.

You need to use gasket silicone because the standard metal gaskets are crap, even new ones.

The hissing sound.is the idle valve opening when you turn off the ignition, its the hole inside the throttle body but.thats a good sound cause at least u know it works. Use the factory airbox cone filters suck. Dont forget the air temp probe!!

Nice car mate I like the dark alloys on it.

You may have forgotten to fit the earth wire to the back of the manifold. I fitted mine to the throttlebody as it was easier.

You need to use gasket silicone because the standard metal gaskets are crap, even new ones.

The hissing sound.is the idle valve opening when you turn off the ignition, its the hole inside the throttle body but.thats a good sound cause at least u know it works. Use the factory airbox cone filters suck. Dont forget the air temp probe!!

Nice car mate I like the dark alloys on it.

Thankyou very much mate i fitted this earth and it started up right away.

At the moment it is idling a bit high but i think that is just my throttle cable as its a bit of a bodge atm but i have got another problem, when i started the car the tempurature needle went right the way round and i currently pointing towards the drivers door. just wondered if you may have an idea what could have gone wrong :/

And cheers mate i do like the alloys too but i would quite like some speedlines when i can afford it in a similar colour.

Look in my build thread for how to hook up the throttle cable. High idle maybe a little vac leak but if its around 850rpm its ok. What else did or have u done. If u removed the coolant pipes from the tb u may have sent a air bubble to the stat. I reccomend bypassing the throttlebody by looping the coolant pipes away from it.

Did u change the clocks?

Id love to see this.yoke slammed to the ground with a livesports rear wing on it!!

Its all sorted now got it running nicely, definitely has a bit more poke in her now :)

Not sure why the temp gauge had gone haywire really but i good punch on top of the dash above them and they just flew back round to where they should be :D

will give the engine bay a bit of a clean then post it up.

Id love to see this.yoke slammed to the ground with a livesports rear wing on it!!

As would I haha, but first things first i want to get it how i want it, once i'm happy i'll begin experimenting

• 4 weeks later...

First update in a while been on holiday and I'm just having a bit of a nightmare with it recently. Making it difficult to progress the car in a way i want to because of all the niggly little things :(

Rear shock is fucked and leaking now so that needs replacing, so if anybody has any decent replacements lying around that are for sale i'd be tempted haha.

Exhaust is blowing from somewhere but not had time to get underneath and check where from.

Rear drum is catching and needs freeing up.

The engine is also blowing out the occasion cloud of blue smoke

Hopefully be able to sort most of these out soon but its just so frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...

making some progress at the moment.

Managed to source myself some new springs/ shocks from Jamie_VF22, big thanks to him.

Tien springs on KYB front struts and standard rears

IMG_0134.jpg

Also got some new rear lights from Jamie, its only a small change but i much prefer it

IMG_0132.jpg

Cheers mate, i do too, i want a glanza but i'm so reluctant to part with this colour haha.

There is a reverse light but its now red :)

I'm not sure really, may just switch it over for the MOT to be safe its literally a 2 minute job to swap the lights

Wahey another bmxer, looks good dude get her lowered!

yeeess, a new park has opened like 10mins drive away so progress is difficult when its so easy to just go ride :D

I'll get them fitted sometime this week and get some photos up

Reverse lights not needed for mot. But it would fail if it came up red.

Most people jdm the rear lights and make the top and bottom come on together as side lights and just have the top ones as brake lights as normal

Ahh right i'll have a look at wiring it differently then, doesn't sound too tricky that

Cheers for the info :)