• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little M reg polo 1 litre and it's an awesome motor gets a lot of love (has 2-6bar water gun, police siren, animal noises, very loud horn) and keeps it interesting when you get back in the Glanza ^_^ Only thing i had to replace was the accelerator cable which cost me like 72p

Known someone who had to replace his gbox in his 1.4 one, and newer models are a nightmare to fit coilovers to as they use clamps to hold the units in place, but i dont know if a t reg would have those or not.

6n polos rust quite bad and blow gearboxs but that's about it, 6n2 polos don't rust but blow gearboxs that's it with them, there good cars for run arounds and will always be able to sell it on, parts are cheap and there easy to work on

my mum drives 1.4 6n. no problems apart from the electrics are a sack of shit. doors won't lock properly and it cuts out whilst driving, then comes back to life again. we still haven't got to the root of the problem!

Edited by Billy SR

It's not very commen for the doors to pack up but as trisk said will be the vacuum pump or leak, they are good cars and can be modified nicely I've just stripped my 6n2 1.8 turbo and my mate has two 6n 1.4 valvers that goes like fook

I had a 6n2 gti. Not bad cars as a run around but the gearbox is a piece of shit. The pedal box also is made of mince. If that breaks I'm pretty sure it's a pain in the cunt stripping it down and getting it out to replace.

I had a 6n2 gti. Not bad cars as a run around but the gearbox is a piece of shit. The pedal box also is made of mince. If that breaks I'm pretty sure it's a pain in the cunt stripping it down and getting it out to replace.

You don't actually need to replace the peddle box you can just weld it back up

You don't actually need to replace the peddle box you can just weld it back up

I know man, just the pain of getting the bleeding thing out. Lucky I sold mine before it needed that, could hear the pedal squeaking lol had to change the gearbox though.