Slight Knocking Sound (Rear)

All

Since fitting my panhard rod, I appear to have developed a mysterious knock from the rear at odd times, I thought it was the rear wheel bearings as I has a slight amount of paly which I sorted the other day and repacked the bearings.

If the car is stood still and I rock it there is no noise, any ideas as to what it may be??

John

John when I put my panhard rod on my old gt it used to knock and it was the bolt that had worked loose. I would check that 1st and if it is just stick a little locktite on it.

Mine knocks from the rear without but mine is because the old owner didn't know how to setup coilovers so I have a fair bit of playing to do :)

Had it sll set up at hi q but the knocking was before I had it done and it is still doing it, panhard bolts are all good and don't think it is the exhaust, going to re grease the suspension mounts as fuck knows what it is as it's not all the time

Edited by ro55ifumi

Well, checked all the nuts an bolts and nothing loose in the bolt department, but the lowest collar that tightens up against the coilover leg was just hand tight so nipped them up and will see how it goes!

John

when i had a whiteline PH rod on mine dude, the nut that locks out the length of the rod (i.e. the nut on the threaded section that feeds in or out of the thicker section) was constantly coming loose on the threads and caused an almighty racket when going over kerbs / bumps etc. thats why i changed to an RSR one, and problem fixed as it doesnt have that locking nut piece.

Phil.