• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers mate, I was going to send it away to someone because I didnt know he done it because he builds rally cars for a living and a friend who does my powdering coating said to take it to him so I did, :) glad I did I think it looks amazing, I will have to speak to him about maybe making me a cage ;)

Well my car was ment to be going to have some paint done saturday but its now going on saturday the 20th, I have a week off on 22nd so if it would have gone this saturday I could have got the engine and that back in but I cant now :( never mind the wait will be worth it ;) may just have a relaxing week before some hard work on the weekends, no doubt I will find something to do that involves the car ;)

The last couple of nights I have been doing some masking ready for Saturday the 20th

IMAG0676_zpsc1435acb.jpg

Also got both rear windows masked up

IMAG0677_zps0650df80.jpg

As its getting painted I thought it would be good to get in the back with a wire brush wheel on a drill and get that horrible sound proofing and the sealant out so its nice and smooth between the joins now and will look so much better when painted

IMAG0679_zps1605bd90.jpg

IMAG0681_zps6f7be349.jpg

This is how my engine and box is at the moment got a couple of more things to do before its ready to go back in

IMAG0710_zps492a9e79.jpg

Here's a sticker I fitted a couple of weeks ago

IMAG0536_zps1a8055c7.jpg

This has now been taken off due to being painted :)

Here's a photo to show how wide these wheels are ;)

IMAG0261_zps5d6ed1b4.jpg

My car went today :) I will be going to the paint shop next week to see how everything's going so I will get some photos and keep you lads posted :) can't wait till its back so I can start putting it back together :) also spoke to Keith at zisco performance about some little goodies ;)

As its getting painted I thought it would be good to get in the back with a wire brush wheel on a drill and get that horrible sound proofing and the sealant out so its nice and smooth between the joins now and will look so much better when painted

You do know that the sealant inbetween the seams is what holds the body panels together and it helps absorb road bumps, and also stops the chassis from flexing to a certain degree. I've removed mine for seam welding, are you getting yours welded?

Edited by AdamB

You do know that the sealant inbetween the seams is what holds the body panels together and it helps absorb road bumps, and also stops the chassis from flexing to a certain degree. I've removed mine for seam welding, are you getting yours welded?

Not all of it has been removed just the excess sealant on the top it was hardly any tbf just so it's gets a better finish, no I'm not getting mine welded see what it's like when it's done, I'm pretty sure the chassis isn't going to flex from the amount I removed :)

Its not the sealer that holds the body panels on, if u look close they are all spot welded, if the car was held together with seam sealer it would fall apart.

Done some more painting today

Cleaned and ready for paint

IMAG0715_zps5eca5574.jpg

Just been painted, I chose black because when I get big brakes for the front they will be black :)

IMAG0716_zps4e550aa5.jpg

These look mint tbh, I will admit the photo doesn't look very good

I was going to buy a brand new alternator but I decided there is nothing wrong with mine apart from it needs to be painted,

Gave it a good clean and painted

IMAG0718_zps91d6deb5.jpg

IMAG0720_zps072c57a7.jpg

Not all of it has been removed just the excess sealant on the top it was hardly any tbf just so it's gets a better finish, no I'm not getting mine welded see what it's like when it's done, I'm pretty sure the chassis isn't going to flex from the amount I removed :)

Ah fair enough. You would be suprised mate, I've removed all the sealant from mine and it doesn't take much for it to flex at all, its a little tighter around the strut tops but its pretty weak at the bottom of them and around the rest of the panels.

Its not the sealer that holds the body panels on, if u look close they are all spot welded, if the car was held together with seam sealer it would fall apart.

Ay I know that, but the sealant is there to hold them together to absorb harshness to stop transfering it to the body. Besides the spot welds are too far apart anyway making the panels very easy to flex.

Had to go to the paint shop this morning to tell them exactly what I want doing, because I wasnt there when my girlfriends dad took it, anyway got a photo as I was leaving next to friends evo ;) to get a better finish round the windows they have to be taken out I was told, so they are going to get someone to go there and take them all out then refit them once the paintings done:)

IMAG0721_zps2a30dfb7.jpg

Edited by JordanEP91

Because the car isn't here I can't really do nothing apart from clean and paint old parts,

IMAG0726_zpsff3c1af6.jpg

The starter motor wasn't in the best of conditions

IMAG0728_zpseb550bbb.jpg

So I gave it a little clean and got some paint on it just so it looks that little bit fresher

IMAG0731_zpsbedc8234.jpg

IMAG0732_zps36e0dc2a.jpg

Now the starter motor is painted I will get it back on tomorrow :)

Also got round to putting the alternator back on

IMAG0735_zps752de97f.jpg

Engine and gearbox could do with a clean, gathering dust ;)

IMAG0729_zps62a026ea.jpg

Also went out today to drop some more bits off to be powdercoated, :)

Well I'm not sure if any of you have noticed but the head has gone all horrible, it did come up a little cleaner than this but still wasn't good enough!

IMAG0342_1_zps762fbe10.jpg

So I decided I was going to go and get some paint today for the head to make it look abit more cleaner :)

Here's a photo before it was cleaned and painted

IMAG0737_zps49a75a99.jpg

Rad painted ;)

IMAG0743_zps4be2fbee.jpg

Also I changed my mind out the black I done yesterday haha

IMAG0738_zps92c26254.jpg

Whilst the paint was drying I got abit bored so I thought i will my feul rail on, I'm not really sure why because it will have to come back off for the injectors to be installed :)

IMAG0739_zps792d95bd.jpg

Edited by JordanEP91