fast for a 1.3

I have had a lot of people in my SR that donâ??t believe me that my car is only a 1.3i N/A, I am always getting told that it is fast for a 1.3, and I shore have no problem betting cars with a bigger engine that my one all the time. (On the a private roads of Corse)

I am not trying to bost and say that I have the fastest car in the northern hemisphere but it is not that slow you no, was just wondering if anyone ells had been told that

Is it just that sum people donâ??t know what a fast 1.3 feels like or is the SR relay a fast one??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SR has the same performance as any other NA :p

My brother got told by many many people his was quick for a 1.3, Sham was actually finding it quite difficult to keep up with him when we went on some country roads and his has a 4EFTE engine!! NO joke!!

Atleast 5 people stopped my brother and wanted a peak of whats under the bonnet, alot seemed to think it was a Turbo - maybe because of the TGTT sticker.

I was actually quite impressed with the first drive in mine ;) (If I ever do take it out I don't go past 3000rpm though because thats when you can hear its a NA!!) :o Also I hardly take it out, once a year or something.

When my dad drives my starlet, he scares the shit outta me.

But, yeah, they're fair nippy for what they are! ;) Mate asked me what it was when i gave him a lift, via some b-roads :p

"....It's a 1.3"

"WHAT?!"

He actually thought it was a 1.6 or something :o

lol i that is what i wm toking bout its weard?? lol and what dus "TMFW!!"meen

tintin

when people ask what size eningines in the car i always feel embarressed to say its a 1.3 as they are usualy like thattle be as slow as shit

then i take them for a drive and they are gobsmakked

people keep thinkin that my v is my old black one resprayed and "whats with the black bonnet, did you run out of paint?" lol

Yer, i've beaten some people at windy roads.. but thats about it. My brother had a rental car, 1.0l vvti Aygo, and had the edge in a drag race, his 2nd gear goes up to 65 mph... and 3rd goes to 90... strange that it doesnt cut off... o well, brand new car, new technology.

If the 1.3 starlet can keep up with other cars with higher litreage then the aygo is even more impressive. (tho i do weight more than my bro ;))

T

Yeah I get this too from me mates, they can't beleive its a 1.3.

Down a private road had a little drag with a mate in a 1.8 astra sport, just to see what it could do, kept up with him till about 80 :unsure: was well impressed.

But yeah compared to my fiesta 1.3 its a hell of a lot quicker.

Also does the UKDM starlets come with 112mph restrictor like the JDM ones? asking because thats all mine seems to go to, it feels like it can go more but just doesn't.