Decent exhaust gasket paper?

Trying to find a good quality exhaust gasket material for my hks manifold to downpipe/collector tried 2 types that my dad had laying around and both have split and caused blows within 300 miles.

Apparently the only original left, is at hks in japan and tbh i dont really want to know how much they would want haha

Failing gasket paper anyone know somewhere that can make good quality gaskets, the hks one had a metal compression ring around each runner which would have easily taken the pressures of the gasses. Whereas paper/cardboard ones obviously cant, so ideally something along them lines.

Any ideas, links, numbers, or extra info would be greatly appreciated :)

Much love, morgey

Edited by morgey

Maybe try someone like Sumo Power or NewEra? Although can't imagine it would be cheap.

Thing is its a discontinued item and not exactly a ordinary shaped gasket so not like another system still uses it :( I've Spoke to someone and they said it was more hassle that it was worth trying to get the part from HKS.

So you can see what im dealing with Here's the first one i made to replace it, less than 100 miles old..

2917704F-9E2D-4767-BD49-E90A20C608B6-145

Cant you get something waterjet'd out? or laser cut out?

This is what im thinking, but not sure who does it?

Looking at what options I've got really, i can machine stuff up at work but its finding the right material!

This should do the trick, I've used BGA gaskets before, they are good stuff.

Click

Cheers, ill give that a go if i don't have any luck with this then i guess its more custom parts haha

Making thems not the problem it was finding the material, i didn't want to go buying a load of different types if someone else had already done it and found a decent replacement.

Ill give the ebay link stuff ago, if that doesn't work then ill try some copper. How thick copper did you use by the way?

The eBay bga stuff will do the trick. I would still use exhaust paste on it to seal it totally. Other wise you will have another blown gasket. I made a copper gasket for my old waste gate. Was only about 1mm thick

Cut one out from a sheet of aliminum between 2-3mm thick.

I did this on my mates civic. we just used the old gasket as a stencill and cut around it with some metal cutters.

If u decide to do this make sure the flanges are properly cleaned or you might end up with leaks.