help needed on an imported glanza asap

Hi all I have recently bought my first glaza from a fella in wales but it's on southern Ireland plates and I have not received any paperwork as I have no paperwork im finding it difficult to get it uk registered as the dvla want an exact date of manufacturer any one got any ideas Im at a dead end and the only thing that I can think of doing is to buy another uk registered shell and change all parts over any hellp would be much appreciated

I already have spoken to Toyota and because they are a jap import they wouldnt have been sold through main dealer

Phone up a toyota dealer in ireland if you have the irish reg number. When i give my local toyota dealer my reg number they can pull up my vin plate, year, model etc. Cant see why they cant do the same if you told them the vin number. Make sure u speak to the parts departments at toyota.

You could also try registering your chassis number on toyodiy and that should tell you all the details u need to know

Im from ireland and i had a problem like that with my old gt i had to bring it to a main dealer and they look it up on the system with the vin number and make sure it is that car then they stamp paper work and the book gets sent out to you but as its on irish plates u cant do it over here well i dont tink you can anyway but mite be worth a try

If its the same car i'm thinking off, same one Ryans ^^ on about then its ment to have a bit of history iirc. Couple engine changes and the clocks swapped...

But thats normal for starlets anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Yea I have tried calling Toyota in wales and they said they couldn't help me because glazas were never sold through main dealers I said to him your having a bubble ain't you mate its a bloody toyoya made by you there has to be some record of it being made somewhere an he just said no

Did ye try ringing a dealer in ireland see if the can help ye out try ring murphy and gunn they were the ones who helped me out id say they can tell ye were ye stand with it all

Go in to toyota mate, go to the parts desk and give them the vin number as it doesnt matter where it was made the toyota epc is linked globaly, they told me my first v was an auto converted to manual in japan as it came up as origonaly an auto through the epc!! They can tell you in seconds dude. Fact!