Si's Track EP91 Build - XXR 530's - 03/04/14

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, be Interesting to see how he's managed that with it being a fixed beam. I can't see how it's possible when the hub/rear setup is solid to the beam.

I'm not all that bothered about massive camber in the back, it's not to bad standard. More interested in lowering the roll centre.

Could be an interesting build this :)

And I've seen one method of getting rear camber, it involved cutting the beam. Ill dig up some pics on it.

Look through this thread for one method.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/61918-who-has-altered-camber-settings-front-and-rear-on-a-ep91/?fromsearch=1

And amjad found this a while ago, its for completely independant suspension, i completely over looked the link at the time, but is the method i'd like to use.

http://board.tercelonline.com/viewthread.php?tid=42441

Edited by morgey

So today i managed to get a solid day on the car...Heres how i got on.

First job was to remove the heater matrix..

9416332033_84f2a861c5_c.jpg

Starlet Build by fishy89gt, on Flickr

After that was done, remove all the sound deadening / material from the bulkhead. A couple of pics..

9416330485_60b071e58e_c.jpg

Had to take the cross bar off to remove the pedals to get all the horrid stuff out.

9419093746_e683b26413_c.jpg

I then started stripping down the loom, and taking off any plugs not needed, and preparing it ready to splice in a GT engine loom as and when. Took some balls to do this hah!

9416326531_f1fac0a81f_c.jpg

Hoping i dont screw it up...

9419090138_6d2ce5c965_c.jpg

Looking abit tatty before its all tidied up, but it runs perfectly with now about half the original loom

A little video - http://www.flickr.com/photos/99500065@N07/9419075842/

9416317515_a9d93a9bd2_c.jpg

9416321995_a89723c28e_c.jpg

A good amount saved here!

9419085360_6da1667fd7_c.jpg

Last job of the evening was to start attacking the wonderful sound deadening in the rear set wells and boot..

9419080342_25ce17e398_c.jpg

9419078298_29ba6bdee6_c.jpg

And thats how its left for the moment! Next on the agenda...finishing the sound deadening removal, then stripping back the entire car and engine bay ready for the cage.. :)

Edited by RobSR

i know this off topic, but you do you have a clue where the power to the stereo wiring occurs? i can't really explain, but i've blown no fuses and tried to wire a cassette player by chopping off the original adaptors and hard wiring to the loom, now i've tested with a voltage meter and no power is going to any unit i wire up whatsoever.

i know this off topic, but you do you have a clue where the power to the stereo wiring occurs? i can't really explain, but i've blown no fuses and tried to wire a cassette player by chopping off the original adaptors and hard wiring to the loom, now i've tested with a voltage meter and no power is going to any unit i wire up whatsoever.

Shouldn't be too difficult mate all the wiring you need runs to the unit.. Any reason why you didn't get an adaptor for the standard head unit wiring?? You will have to trace the wire back, it maybe an issue with the power but also quite likely it could be the ground causing the problem. Edited by fishy89

Shouldn't be too difficult mate all the wiring you need runs to the unit.. Any reason why you didn't get an adaptor for the standard head unit wiring?? You will have to trace the wire back, it maybe an issue with the power but also quite likely it could be the ground causing the problem.

it's some 1990 crap, that was just wires with pins on, i was going for a retro feel as it has an aux input. originally tried wiring to an iso adaptor, and got everything but aux/cassette. then i got everything but sound when i tried wiring it to the toyota to iso adaptor, then went down to wire and completely fucked it haha. but thankyou :thumbsup:

great work dude!!!! some amount of wiring removed!!!

Phil.

Cheers bud, its pretty surprising how much that bag of wiring and sound deadening added up too! Should of weighed it tbh!

Edited by fishy89