Si's Track EP91 Build - XXR 530's - 03/04/14

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew they were going to be in gold too hahahaaaaa!

Gonna look brilliant mate, what tyres will you be running?

Haha of course! Undecided, was looking at R888's as they do a 45 profile in a 225 but they go off quite quickly, so back to the drawing board at the mo on that front.

Edited by RobSR

AD08's are more a road tyre than a track tyre so it won't be those. I was looking at the Federals but they don't do them in the sizes we want..

It's going to be either R888, A048R's or the Dunlop DZ03 but we'd then have to go down to a 215..

Yea I'm surprised no one had done it before, had an eye on them for mine, but we needed something wide for this too, so they've gone on here. I think loads of people would of had them by now but none of the UK suppliers stock them it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

haha yes indeed love them, i was never keen but rob convinced me, i have become so terrible with technology rob just does all the updating for me haha! i will endeavour to be better!! should have some proper stuff to update soon, just need the fabricator to get his arse in gear!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

nothing major to update as still awaiting to hear back from a couple of people but in the interim these have arrived......

finally arrived after shipping from japan...

IMG_0015_zps2c36fc68.jpg

IMG_0016_zpsdfcf28a8.jpg

and after many many debates on tyres I have chosen these....

IMG_0040_zpsb995bc6f.jpg

hardly anyone does a decent width 15" tyre so limited on choice, sidewalls of 888 aren't meant to be great and they app. go off after 3/4 hot laps but I will give them a try and see how i get on!

Si.

Edited by fishy89

Is a sign from the ep gods that you should of gone with the yoko A048 :(

yeh, they only offer a 50 profile though and they are in excess of £1000 for a set vs toyo.... they will be abit better but i don't think they will be worth twice the price ( give or take ) / twice as good as the 888 but we will see in time :)

Edited by fishy89
  • 2 weeks later...

so nothing major major to update, just spent the last couple of days clearing out and setting up the garrage at mine and the good lady's new home. Oh and brought some cruise wings off jordan so will have some fun trial fitting them.

Few snaps as it was a state before,

IMG_0092_zps06d8891f.jpg

IMG_0089_zps4a6990b3.jpg

IMG_0088_zps081bf780.jpg

IMG_0083_zps0dea83d7.jpg

and a picture of robs SR & the mrs old car out the front - P.S thanks for helping belay :thumbsup:

IMG_0082_zpsb1efed7a.jpg

Will have the car delivered back late next week and let the fun commence.

Edited by fishy89