losing the will to finish the project

so my glanza builds nearly finished but im having a few niggley problems and im starting to loose the will to actually finish it,

I keep finding myself browsing ebay to see what else is out there rather than getting on with the job in hand its such a shame as im nearly there

anyone got some words of encouragement or been in the same boat ?

been without my glanza for nearly 9 months now ive forgotten what boost even feels like :cray:

I keep getting annoyed with my glanza as I use it everyday for work and I keep thinking about getting something comfier and more 'sensible'.

This morning I went for a bit more of a spirited drive and fell back in love with it. Won't be selling up any time soon.

When you feel boost again it'll be worth it :)

Im in the same boat matey its devastaing really is i miss my gt like hell and now im feeling like u man its terrible feeling when your going down the road in your daily and wishing it was your starlet

when u finally get back in that seat with it boosting up all will be very well i am sure, and also there will be a pretty cool grin on ure face.

it will be so worth it when its done.

i have had alot of few niggly problems with my sportif since i have turboed it and i have been close to giving up,but when i had fought and won it was a bloody good feeling and getting out and beating nearly everycar on the roads is wicked.

and that boost noise ..................... unmistakeably immense and just want to hear it continously...lol

Don't give up dude!

I've been in the same boat many times now, I had mine recently rebuilt by a 'reputable' engineering firm, however they did not do half the work which was requested. End result I had to pull the engine out after 400 miles and rebuild it again.

it will be worth it in the end!

9 months? That all, try 2 years and 4 months and still the end is no where in sight for me :(

Keep ploughing through mate, no matter how hard it gets your be happy with the end results when it comes around!

Cheers guys I know your all right, its just hard to shake that feeling sometimes

thats why I love this forum as it is a constant source of encouragement

dunno what id do without u guys :)

in fairness everytime I look at other cars nothing compares to my glanza anyway so dunno why im fucking looking

Almost a year without mine now and hopefully she will be back for JAE, and I must admit not a single thought had ever passed through my head bout breaking it !

Every so often I think its ridiculous how much I've plowed into the little starlet but apart from that she won't be going anywhere for a long time apart from up towards the top of the ep power board then il know that its all been worth it.....

Just crack on with it mate or else you'll never know what it would have been like

I've been building my gt for two years now and not even drivin it yet. It is nearly done tho and im havin the same problem as u. niggly bits like my rev counter, heaters and my dash lights not working but the head lights and the rest works fine. I'm baffled as to what it is as i have checked everything. should all work out in the end tho thats whst i tell my self to keep me goin. ;)

were abouts u based dude ?

i will always be up for helping if your local,had alot of experience.lol

noticed ure essex way,do tell....

im just down the road from you buddy im Basildon way

I'm in the exact same boat mate, except I drive mine daily. But everyday the list seems to get longer and longer and I spend my breaks at work looking at replacements rather than sorting the list out :/

Keep going it will be worth it :) it's easy enough to go out a buy a car but building one is the way forward! Don't let these little things get you down, just think when it's done and your looking at it you will be proud of the work you've done :)

u fancy comin up here and lookin at mine? 2years on the drive, 1 year on axle stands and the only thing stoppin her bein on the road is the idle issue and I've bought my ticket to JAE.

I've not gave up n neither should u.

get it sorted

Just dont any of you blow it up after about a week on the road lol !!

8 months it took me to build up an average TD04 spec GT, and i got 1 week out of it.

But tbh it was a fucking intense driving experience and i cant wait to do the whole thing again :D

Felt like giving up so many times, especially as i went without a daily for all that time just so i could spend it all on the starlet.

But the thrill of finally finishing it is unreal, dont rob yourself of that ffs !!

when I started this post my reason behind finishing is that if I was to sell up id never see anywhere near to what ive spent so I may as well finish and enjoy it for a while,

but since then ive found the love again and I cant wait to get behind the wheel :D my glanza is going nowhere

Edited by russ78