Dont know if that video worked, if not its 'EP85 Crail Run' on youtube.

Next thing i need to do is swap my VF10 turbo on because this VF12 is not doing much at the 0.5 - 0.6bar that im running, i also have a slightly stiffer EWG spring i could put in but i will see.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple vids of this pop up on Facebook today looks like you were having fun man!

Can't wait to get mine out on the strip 2 weeks and counting lol

Ohh really haha, i was covering the place in blue smoke lol! Yeah it was a good laugh :)

Good stuff, have you got yours pretty much set up now how you want it?

Yeah can't remember who shared them but I remembered the white doors lol!

Yeah I've put it through its paces to see any niggly problems so its all good should be set for a 12 hopefully

I'm just messing about with bodywork atm

Yeah can't remember who shared them but I remembered the white doors lol!

Yeah I've put it through its paces to see any niggly problems so its all good should be set for a 12 hopefully

I'm just messing about with bodywork atm

Ah yeah cant mis it with these bloody doors haha!

Jesus fuck! A 12, i need to get a grip and put down a few better times man.

It's good to see another 85 getting used tho!

Yeah I'm hoping for a 12.5 ish it launches mad with the new 1st gear that's where il make the time up I think

Haha yeah i know, finally out of the back garden!

They do launch crazy haha, been sidestepping the clutch at 7K with mine :)

12.5 would be some pass man defo need a vid of that!

Im quite used to the 85 gearset now, although something defo needs done with 5th its fuckin bonkers on the motorway sitting at 4.5K.

• 5 weeks later...

So not an awful lot been happening with this atm. Just been driving about buring loads of oil haha. I swapped my VF10 on which has the same size compressor housing as a VF12 but with a smaller P15 exhaust housing as opposed to a P20 that the VF12 has, so boost is coming in at 3k now, still only running 0.6 bar.

Quick pic when i was away round the Lochearnhead a few weeks ago.

20150517_161352_zpsgitza9gx.jpg

And took a trip up to Crail for Banzai a couple weeks ago, was pouring with rain only got 4 runs in, times were all away to fuck something like 15.4, all the runs exact same pretty much.

Heres a pic of the starlet stand as soon as we arrived, there was another 5 or so scattered around the place.

IMG-20150510-WA0019_zps55bpb3xz.jpg

I had noticed my 85 was not fitted with a front anti roll bar from factory which was very weird because it has a factory rear one.. anyway i managed to track a EP85 farb down from Browner.

20150511_124358_zps6eao8do6.jpg

Went to fit the fucker and guess what it wouldnt fit because my of my exhaust, it was made without the arb in place and it fouls it... so gonna have to take it back to Stainless Creations at some point to have the exhaust modified.

20150511_191431_zpsviwfrgkx.jpg

20150511_191426_zps62oe8qdm.jpg

It hits off the arb and the front section wont bolt up...

And last thing, fired the 85 on a weighbridge at the weekend there, was quite chuffed considering it has a pretty fuckin solid looking 4WD system!

20150523_115934_zpsvveltsfc.jpg

So thats about it, gonna be getting J.D Tuning poly mounts soon and investigate this fuckin oil burning issue, gotta feeling its rings :(

That's a bit of a shame about the anti roll bar dude! Is there much modification required? From what I can see it looks like you only need it to be an inch or so lower?

As if your RARB was factory!! Does any one else have one of these do you know? I wouldn't mind getting one in the near future but I'd imagine it's going to have to be custom 😞

That's a bit of a shame about the anti roll bar dude! Is there much modification required? From what I can see it looks like you only need it to be an inch or so lower?

As if your RARB was factory!! Does any one else have one of these do you know? I wouldn't mind getting one in the near future but I'd imagine it's going to have to be custom

Yeah i sent the pics of the exhaust to my pal who works at the place, says its not major modification required. Gonna try and get a lower arm brace in there aswell so when it gets modded they can route it over that hopefully!

And yeah some EP85s had a factory rarb! Dont know anyone with one on a 95 though. Its not all that though, it looks like its made from a shoe lace haha. Can just about make it out in this pic.

20130826_162106_zps7c85174f.jpg

thats crazy light 880kg considering it has like you say a beefy 300bhp capable 4wd system lol

I know!! I was expecting around the 950kg mark, because the turbo kit, exhaust, wheels etc are all heavier than standard. Saying that though its stripped out inside, no heater box or fuck all haha.

Was out for a drive yesterday and managed to blow my engine :D

20150530_144936_zpslqjru03b.jpg

20150530_145445_zpsez0irhhl.jpg

Will need to strip it down and see whats all fucked, headgasket has defo went and i reckon the ringlands have shat it aswell, probably spun a few bearings too.

20150530_140737_zps9ggttz2e.jpg

Held up not bad considering it was a FE with the standard headgasket lol.

Cool man, I hope you get it sorted out soon, you just gonna rebuild it?

Im not sure yet, gonna have to strip it down and see how bad it is. If its too fucked i'll get a FTE and fire that in.

Got my GS300 on the road now so will just dodge about in that for the time being :)

Nice one man, might be best bet in long run eh? Forgot you had another car ain't so bad then.

Yeah if i can find a decent FTE i'll put that in and eventually forge this Gen1 FE if its in not too fucked up!

Aye thats why i got this Lexus for a back up car because i knew this was gonna go bang sooner or later haha

Yeah if i can find a decent FTE i'll put that in and eventually forge this Gen1 FE if its in not too fucked up!

Aye thats why i got this Lexus for a back up car because i knew this was gonna go bang sooner or later haha

Yeah the old lexus has pulled through for you here. Do you get to work on starlet at your work?