Why does my car have 2 boost controllers?! (w/pics)

Im not sure quite what the previous owner was thinking but I have an electronic Greddy boost controller in my 1996 Glanza V and a manual one which is hooked up and working :/

For some reason the Greddy is unused and has been replaced by what looks like a cheapy ebay one? First question is, is there any reason why anyone would do this and second question is what do I plug into where to get the EBC working again.

Below I have provided some numbered pictures... if someone could tell me what plugs into where I would be most grateful because I have close to zero knowledge on turbos.

Obviously on the first picture you can the the Greddy on the bottom the manual on the left and a random T piece on the right (im not even sure what this is for?)

photo10-2_zps4611700c.jpg

photo11-2_zps94c764d4.jpg

photo12-2_zps75fa7864.jpg

Hose/tube number 6 appears to come out of the top of the actuator and go no where? It is about 3-4 cm long and go no where and do nothing... is this right?

photo9-2_zps2466cad8.jpg

photo8-2_zps6ff6cc10.jpg

photo7-2_zps401e7fd5.jpg

Any help you guys could provide would be great as all this stuff baffles me?

and while your reading this if anyone could tell me what boost would be best to have a few presets on that would be great. I was thinking 0.5 bar for everyday use, 0.65 for common use and 0.8 bar for rare use.

Thanks for looking guys! :)

The Greddy (inside the car bit) lights up and does "stuff" when the ignition is turned on so I presume it still works... the previous owner said they changed it because it was running "funny". A few days later I found out from someone on this forum that they knew the car and that it had been running on max boost for a little while :/

I would imagine they were getting the fuel cut and didnt know what the hell it was.... this is one theory anyway....

at the moment it looks like its only running off the actuator because the manual boost controller and the greddy control valve are not connected properly from what i can see.

take the manual boost controller out and connect to the greddy control valve

That running on the manual boost controller.

Why you would fit that if you have a greddy one I do not know. Maybe it was acting 'funny' because they did not have a clue how to set the Greddy one up or the solenoid on the greddy unit is buggered.

Rip the lot out and start again :)

Or just hook the greddy one back in and check it works.

Hey guys can I just confirm something? A chap on toyotagtturbo forum says "If the EBC was functioning, hose #3 would go to port #2 and hose #4 would go to port #1."

Is this correct before I start pulling things apart?

Many thanks.