LSD Taking away the torque?

I use to just have a standed box on my glanza with no lsd in it and it was 275bhp with around 240 ft pound of torque, since then ive had a new ecu standalone and mapped this time ive got a cusco plate type lsd (the one that clunks and makes noises etc) in a new box the car made 285bhp but with only 200 ft pound of torque, I read somewhere that the cusco plate type lsd takes away 50%-70% of initial torque is this true as im guessing that's the reason im down on torque this time compared to last time? Cheers

Think you read this..

According to CUSCO'S in house research, initial torque is 50 to 70% lower compared to the conventional cone plate type LSD enabling lower drive friction and better response.

all it means is the lsd becomes active (locks) with 50-70% less required torque

So if it took 100lbft before it did any thing now it could take as little as only 30-50lbft basically a lot less throttle

Well that's my understanding anyway

Edited by morgey

Think you read this..

According to CUSCO'S in house research, initial torque is 50 to 70% lower compared to the conventional cone plate type LSD enabling lower drive friction and better response.

all it means is the lsd becomes active (locks) with 50-70% less required torque

So if it took 100lbft before it did any thing now it could take as little as only 30-50lbft basically a lot less throttle

Well that's my understanding anyway

That's my understanding of it. I'd say your problem is elsewhere.

Id say its in your map not your lsd mate. Id be shocked if a race bred lsd knocked out 50-70% of the engine torque. Wouldnt be a very good product if it did. Morgey id say your understanding is acurate tbh. Id be questioning the mapping if it was me.

^^^^^ good shout because if it did drop that much torque then they wouldnt have sold any at all. these are ment to be the better than std and split the difference in weight to one side and make for a better pull when cornering and straight line with putting power to the ground as wee call it but in terms torque. Am i right here?? :)

It was mapped by a different mapper and on a different dyno I dint think the diff would take away that much

It's not so much that mate... Everyone's dyno's are slightly different. Some are a lot more forgiving with figures and some are very kind.

Once you have been too 1 place to get mapped its best to go back to them.

Are you sure that's not wheel torque and flywheel power?

No buddy, just though I would put this thread up to see what others thought as I got told it may have been the diff but did not 100% believe it myself, like a few people have said its a different dyno from last time and no dyno reads the same lol cheers guys