I bought some bucket seats a while back and still havent fitted them

I tried taking subframes off old seats to see if they would fit although i already kinda knew they wouldnt lol

Anyway while i was taking subframes off it occured to me that the seat belts are attatched to standard subframes

So......Where can i get subframes from? And what can i do about the seat belt?

Hi mate,

I know with nanglebadgers car that the sub frames are just universal ones, that have to be made up and welded together, and came from the local car mod shop for £15. As for the seat belt, I take it you mean the seatbelt socket, it has actually bolted onto the pivot for the back rest. If yours is a full bucket, then the socket should attach to sub frame for the seat.

Hope that helps

Mark

Ill talk to Phil when he is back later and look at his subs, 1 is corbeau and one isnt yet they are both the same. Off the top of my head i cant remember if there is a mount for the socket or not, would make life easier if there is. Ill let you know how i get on, im off to look at pics lol

Mark

mine are both universal but if i recall cost £55 not £15 lol from both carnoisseur and my local mod shop. neither of them is a corbeau sub frame, they're both some random British subframe that can be got from carnoisseur.

they are similar but not identical to the cobra ones on the followin link

subframes

Phil.

My bad, subs now 35/40 quid so you would be safer just ordering from your local shop as by the time p+p is added would end up costing more.

Yea harnesses would solve the prob. My cobra subs had a wee bracket to mount the seatbelt clip to, Phils dont have anything, doesnt seem to be a standard layout.

Sorry bout that

Mark

Most seats fit i think mate, it just you need to custom make the subframes. I could be wrong though.

thats pretty much right mate! rich (scuth0) has fto seats in his (i think rob bower also does aswell, but may be wrong), also someone has mr2 seats in theirs....

Rob

I want EVO seats! I was at calder motor co. yesterday and sat in a few EVO 7 and 8's. Man the seats are gorgeous. How would you fit these into a starlet? Where would i buy the sub frames from?

Modify Starlet frames :)

Modify Starlet frames :)

or modfiy the evo frames when i fitted the fto seats we choped the feet of the fto rails and fabricted new feet out of 5mm hardened steel plate and welded them in place!!! a lick of hammerite and jobs a fish!!