Hey guys,

Ive been looking into bride seats, and noticed this one on ebay,

I know its not real for the price, but does look quite real and good!

Thoughts?, also would i need to buy a rail, or can i bolt it on to the original subframe, with some work etc?

Link > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bride-ZETA-Fiberglass-Sport-Racing-Seat-GTR-WRX-STI-GTI-EVO-/261223243949?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd21e60ad

CHeers!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice seat, but i dunno about fixed buckets, i like to recline haha.

As for mounting it, original rails will work with some welding and drilling, be a better job getting a rail from rhdjapan or somewhere buddy

Edited by kavan-k

I personally wouldn't pay £270 if the seats fake just for the looks, the thing will probably shatter if you ever had a bump lol

But it does look pretty.

This. Originals are expensive for a reason.

They do look ok, and there are some very good reps out there.

I run bride reps and so does another guy on here its bollocks about them breaking shattering etc some are real shite yes but some are good it's like the difference between rota and rays you pay for quality so you can get real shite ones which are obvious or you can get decent reps or can get real ones and as for the rails you can adapt them to fit the universal ones they come with are crap

Buy mine mate, reclining ones, mint and top quality!

Buy them with or without rails but I'd say buy them with, I had to source the rails which cost me 500 quid on top of the seats and had to wait 3

Months

I'd say without :p

Y pay stupid amounts of money for a counterfiet seat when you could buy a mint set of real recaro or sparco for the price of one fake seat and a far better set than the fake ones.. No point in paying that sort if money for fakes just because it says bride and it looks cool ther is a massive difference between the real ones and the fake my mate got some brides from rhd for his s15 paid a fortune 3k and he had the reps before completely different seat you have to remember no research and development goes into fakes they just have to look similar

Look at my topic mate, £750 for seats and genuine bride rails, which cost me £1100 when I bought the seats and rails, or £550 without rails

No offence mate but are you mad for paying over 1k for fake seats?

No, that includes genuine bride rails...

These aren't no shitty ebay reps they're strong and have no signs of wear with 3 months of daily use...

Given the quality of these seats I'd say no I'm not mad for paying 700 rather than 3k, I've worked at. Jap import dealers so yeah I can compare these to real brides...

Also, if you can find a mint set of recaro seats for that price then fair play, every pair I've seen on here look shabby and have signs of wear, and even then you can't get them for less than 350, so no, you can't get a mint set of recaros for less than 1 rep bride seat

I got a mint set of recaro speed for 300 I must have just got lucky.. i know the guy that brings in the bride seats that you have ive been over at there workshop a few times none of them boys would put them in there cars they get them cheep as chips and double there money because people think they look cool lol I'm not having a go anything mate just saying I wouldn't pay 700 for something that is fake it would annoy me guess it just don't bother some people and genuine bride rails don't even go for that much anymore I got

My ep82 bride rails for 70 for the drivers side and 65 for the passenger and I'm sure if you have worked at jap dealers then you will agree with me that you can't even compare the build quality of the two my mate got the carbon Kevlar brides from rhd he's got more money than since... The fakes may look the part and be nice to sit in but look a bit deeper and they are dog shit only in my opinion of course

This bride genuine/fake thing has been going on forever, there is a trader on the skyline forum that sells reps, not the shitty ones that wear down after you sit in them a week, those guys swear by them! All down to personal preferance really!

You obviously don't know this guy then as he lives near me and has both an evo 9 and an ae86,

Each with a pair of these seats, maybe the ones you mention are the shit reps but these certainly aren't...

Yes I worked at a jap dealers and honestly, the only differences are the genuine ones were always more worn, having said that they've obviously been in the cars longer, that and the logos on the gradation material were always very neat,

Some reps aren't...

As for the rails, yeah, maybe you did, I chose to buy brand new from rhd...

These aren't dog shit at all, obviously a far cry from the ones you've seen

Why have people on here got to turn things into arguments all the time?it doesn't matter Even if they are fake if the boy likes them let him carry on we ain't all loaded with cash and can spend 3k on genuine brides, and people go on about fake brides or fake whatever and nearly all of them wouldn't of even owned a fake to give they're opinion

Why have people on here got to turn things into arguments all the time?it doesn't matter Even if they are fake if the boy likes them let him carry on we ain't all loaded with cash and can spend 3k on genuine brides, and people go on about fake brides or fake whatever and nearly all of them wouldn't of even owned a fake to give they're opinion

There isn't anyone having an argument here.. and since when do you need to own something to have an opinion? it's each to there own I was just getting across that I personally wouldn't spend that sort of money on something that's fake

Edited by Whitenoize

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/Bride+Seat/s112.html

theres a reason they are cheaper, theyve no been proven in safety tests etc and are probably flammabe lol. Theres no real argument going on,

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/Bride+Seat/s112.html

theres a reason they are cheaper, theyve no been proven in safety tests etc and are probably flammabe lol. Theres no real argument going on,

so what if they done no safety tests etc? Probablybetter than stock which are flammable to, it's upto the person buying fakes all I'm saying is if he wants to buy fakes of he's on a low budget let him carry on

so what if they done no safety tests etc? Probablybetter than stock which are flammable to, it's upto the person buying fakes all I'm saying is if he wants to buy fakes of he's on a low budget let him carry on

And were just saying be wary. That's a bold statement, the standard seats are flame retardant and built like barn doors.

If you crash and that seat creams in your not going to be feeling too good in the morning.

You can do better for the money if your not jus going for the brand. Nothing more or less was said.