Intercooler advise

There aren't many intercoolers that will fit without chopping the bumper somewhat. The problem is compounded if you are looking to retain your a/c.

Arc top mounts are direct replacement and a lot thicker than standard. If you are planning on running mega boost though I'd recommend a front mount.

and i wouldnt bother with a top mount upgrade,imo a waste of time as there susceptible to heat soak like mad

intercoolers are pressure tested to a heck of alot more than what most people run boost wise so u will be fine

most are tested to 4-5 bar at minimum apparently

• 2 weeks later...

you can fit a intercooler (of large size) without cutting, my old bumpers were never cut and bumpers slipped on and off as they should, depends how you mount them, my first glanza had small cut outs so it sat snug and looked really tidy imo, way better than the uncut bumper looked. Not so keen on people cutting 85% of there bumper off and replacing it with an intercooler lol

Lol..couldn't agree more! I wouldn't like to take a grinder to the bumper at all.. Plus I like the stealth look of not being able to see the front mount!

Which fmic involves the least cutting? Any differences between the short and long route apart from a minimal amount of lag?