Jay's Forged Build *small update*

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today a package turned up from azza, a 98 spec dash with airbag, so as soon as i got home i ripped out the old dash and set about fitting the new one, wasnt as hard as a thought it might be but the main bit was all of the loom which is screwed into the dash here and there. Just waiting on my 98 steering wheel to turn up and the interior isnt far off being complete.

Sorry about picture quality was dark when i finished and my camera was in the house.

Dash Out

IMAG0003_zpsf23ed22b.jpg

New dash in

IMAG0006_zpseb5973a2.jpg

IMAG0007_zps0996d713.jpg

You remove all the bottom panels and centre console, then your Speedo, a bolt either side of the dash, two behind the Speedo, then it's a matter of removing viaduct on driver side, unzipping the loom that's attached to the dash. I might have to remove the dash again as my wiring loom has lots of plugs sat behind the dash with nowhere to go, so might change my loom, if so I will write up a how too

So only a little update, few bits are ready to go on, my 98 spec steering wheel and bootmat arrived from ep-beast and are in awesome condition, better than i thought they would be and also my wind deflectors complete with clips i brought from idrees a while back. Hopefully sunday i will get these fitted :D

IMAG0011_zps58e94abb.jpg

Edited by fremyjay
  • 3 weeks later...

So havent updated this in a while as ive been back and forth spain with the missus as our little one is due at the end of the month, but got back to the uk on friday and picked up a few bits from glanza-ben, then on the way back decided to detour to halfords and get these

IMAG0020_zps035b4d3f.jpg

, half price bargain :D So yesterday when i got back i fitted the roof lining and boot plastics

IMAG0024_zps4666b5a3.jpg

IMAG0025_zpsa8ac825a.jpg

all im awaiting on now is my carpets which fordie-glanzaV is currently cleaning for me :thumbsup: So hopefully the rest of the interior will be finished this week then to start on the exterior!!

i had a go at tinting my rear windows too which came out great but given up trying to do the rear one as i keep creasing the tint, anyone have any ideas on how to do the rear one easily??

IMAG0026_zps3be8a635.jpg

Edited by fremyjay