• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So went about changing the camber adjustment bolts from steel to stainless, plus stainless washers as I know these rust after time.

One bolt + washer changed

8R7AOWAl.jpg

Lubed ofcourse :D

5M5cRYdl.jpg

Ready to be fitted

RyFH9d5l.jpg

Underneath and arches cleaned - how much shit comes off is unreal!

ECzLOSGl.jpg

Then all waxoyled and left to dry overnight.

OEenzxkl.jpg

bgwDElMl.jpg

Back Coilovers Fitted - Not lowered though, still awaiting pan hard rod then I can lower below standard height. Front's to be fitted tomorrow after the waxoyl is dry on the front two arches. :)

9PRkGikl.jpg

All 4 speedlines cleaned up and new center stickers fitted :D here is how they came out

rSUi81Ql.jpg

Edited by Jamie5414

Cheers lads :) Managed to get two speedlines to use as my winter wheels. Will get some winter tyres on them ready for the coming months of shitty weather. :cray:

Still awaiting my adjustable pan-hard rod, Which presumably got sent today. Once that comes i'll fit and take to a garage to get them to lower front by 10mm and do the geometry all-round.

If the rain holds off this weekend i'll fit the stickers, that's a big if in Scotland :D

Driving with coilovers is sweet. Bobbling around corners!

how much did the MiesterR Coilovers cost you ?

£615 all in bud, I purchased a set on the group buy that just passed.

Looks a very clean sr, keep up the great work

Cheers Bud, Will do :D

Edited by Jamie5414

Yeah I need too badly, past two weekends have been awful weather so it hasn't been ideal to do it properly. Bare in mind I can't fit my bonnet decals yet, It needs to be re-painted first as it has two small dings in it :(

Hopefully at the start of next month I can get my speedlines powder coated. I can't decide between the standard silver or gunmetal grey.... I keep changing my mind :p

i've got a proper mental idea for a set of mine.....dunno if i've got the balls though lol might keep this one under my hat till show season though.

Im like you though man too many options.......not enough Speedlines! :)

Some rubber has arrived! 4x Michelin Pilot Sport 3's! These will be my summer tyres, so two of them will be fitted and stored untill the better weather.

02dIRtzl.jpg

Awaiting two Michelin Alpin A4's to use as my front Winters :) I love nice tyres!

Delivered Speedlines down to the powder coating shop, got them down on price from £60 per wheel to £50. Saves me £60 at least :D

Just got to wait for them to be done now!!! Can't wait.

Hi Jamie, was wondering where you got the Negative terminal for your battery from. Seen them on eBay for like bloody £20 for a pack of 10. Where can I get an individual one from? Also was wondering where you got them little brackets from for the Corolla inlet manifold where the Acceleration cable goes through from? Cheers mate sorry for all the questions haha

I got the negative terminal from my brothers work, and he fabricated the plates for me.

The one I have is a Durite one, They only come in packs of 10/20 as you say. Here: Second Page, Third Down "2-100-01"

Here's how they came out using 25mm double insulated cable, ring crimps & heatshrink;

One for Battery to Engine, another for Engine to Body

i4pWW7kl.jpg

Edited by Jamie5414

Woooooooooooo - Dark Anthracite with a metallic flake :D :D :D :D They are really silky smooth to touch, all the imperfections have gone! I'm just purely amazed at the quality.....

maRu4Pjl.jpg

Off to get tyres fitted now!!

Edited by Jamie5414