turbo conversion complete. now engine wont start :s

hi guys wondering if you can help, as although im handy with a set of spanners but my diagnostic skills are well non-existant.

ive completed the conversion on my n/a and dropped a forged turbo lump in there.

ive used glanza looms from an auto (and i have bridged the auto connection before you ask)

now im trying to start to car and it just wont start.

engine turns over freely, and then eventually starts to splutter after feathering the throttle. it keeps spluttering with the key turned fully using the starter to keep turning the engine.

keeping the throttle open, it keeps it spluttering on what sounds like one or two cylinders and until i close the throttle in which it dies.

has anyone experienced this before?

i did a diagnostic test on it and it came up with code 41.

41 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
No signal for 0.5 seconds or more at ignition ON. (VTA)
ECU

im certain i have done all the earths in the bay and im definitely getting fuel to the rail. so its got to be spark yes..?

if anyone can shed some light i would be very appreciative

cheers in advance

sam

i did a turbo conversion and was more than happy all was done to the best of my abilitlys.

went to start it and it just wouldnt go.

knew fuel was getting in etc etc

was so gutted,then realised there was a tiny plug not connected into the coil pack,such a small plug and hidden away dam it!!!

plugged it in an sorted !!

bet it will be something silly

ill double check, but i have been over things like that already and everything as far as i can see is connected..

i really hope it is something silly like that!

anyone shed any light why im getting error code 41?

havent touched the timing mate.

yeah ill do that and test the plugs.

the plugs that are in there have only 2000 miles on so i dont think its them..?

and yes im using a glanza ecu, a manual one though. i do also have the auto one which i guess i could try and see if that makes a difference?

and i have checked the earths as thats what i thought it could be but i swear ive got em all.

anyone have a list of all the earths at all?

thanks for your responses!

Ecu might be your problem IIRC auto's use a different tps to manuals which might be why you are getting that code!

Something else to try after that, Mark where the Timing is, then you Could try slackening the timing off and gently adjust it whilst turning it over.

Probably won't work but is worth a go.

A common earth to miss out is on the back of the inlet manifold. There a bunch of them there.

The others are one on top of gearbox and one around cambelt engine mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's still not starting..

I've tried checking the earths.. Can't find any that aren't connected.

I have checked the back of the inlet however and can't see where there is one. I have an earth on the left hand side of the inlet though so could be them?

I haven't tried the timing thing which I'll do tomorrow and I haven't pulled the individual plugs out to see if they are sparking which I will also do tomorrow.

I connected the auto ecu however and wouldn't even fire.. I did a diagnostic on it and instead of the engine management light flashing the ooverdrive light did? And from that it came up with codes 62,63,64 I think from memory. And that is something to do with a wiring fault. Maybe to do with bridging the auto connection.. Who knows.

I'm struggling to get this thing going and wondering if anyone else has any input...?