BIG PROBLEM oil all came out breather hose on top of rocker cover

I was driving my ep91 glanza a couple of nights ago and I was going pretty fast and then all of a sudden all the oil came out the top of the engine (breather hose) and the engine cut out and all the warning lights came on! I got the car taken home on a flatbed and the next day i added oil to the engine and it started but is running rough! Can anyone think of what this is? Totally confused and annoyed, Thanks

Sourcing a good engine is very difficult these days, i blew one up within a week lol.

Gerry get the engine out and get it stripped down to see what damage has been done. Theres an engineering shop in St. Ninians called New Market, they'd be able to rebuild it no bother :)

Am i right in thinking this V is near standard running stock boost ?

If I was in this position I would look for a forged engine see when one thing goes what other damage has it caused...either way you look at it it's all money be prepared to spend a good amount there is no other way of looking at it on the plus side you can now have a good go at taking an engine apart and learn how it works etc

Happened to me.the oil getting thrown out of the breather is because of an imbalance of pressures in the engine ie; a pistons melted is most likely and or broken ringlands.pretty much definatley wats happened unfortunatley.

These engines are very easy to work on so i wouldnt worry to much

Like said, most probably rings or gasket. do a compression test.. Doing rings isnt to hard to be honest if you take your time. Depends how bad it is and if theyve scored the bores tho. Strip it down and have a look.

Edited by RobSR