Air Filter - Which size will fit OEM Air piping?

Replacing the standard airbox tomorrow so i need to order a air filter from eGay. Until i get my air filter relocation at the end of the month.

Does anyone know the diameter of the OEM piping?

I have a spare filter that does 60mm,65mm,70mm & 77mm it's cheap and nasty. But will do until payday!!

Edited by Zeldoz

Why do you need to do it tomorrow? If your keeping it in the same location as the air box you won't see any benefit really until it's front mounted tbh.

I need a filter for when i get the relocation kit anyway. I just wanted to hear some more induction/chatter?

If you drive on beaches or on rally tracks.... Fair Enough.... Use a filter....

Much Less Restriction. Filters are restrictive as are the elbows. etc

It's a different way of looking at it.. But can this potentially make the turbo's life shorter?

Sorry if i seem tedious, im still learning the Glanza malarky.

if you want chatter, remove the dumpvalve and block the pipe up with something. Block the vac hose from inlet and enjoy the chatter. Alternatively remove the vac hose from the dumpvalve and block that up. I find with the last method and a baileys (they seem to be cheap tat imo) the DV leaked at high boost.

if you want chatter, remove the dumpvalve and block the pipe up with something. Block the vac hose from inlet and enjoy the chatter. Alternatively remove the vac hose from the dumpvalve and block that up. I find with the last method and a baileys (they seem to be cheap tat imo) the DV leaked at high boost.

Ah i'll just leave it as it is then!

The baileys was £10 from a friend. Can't grumble, will be buying a HKS SSQV on payday!

Remember that blocking your dump valve or removing it might sound good but its there for a reason and will damage your turbo in the long run, it releases the pressure from the turbo to stop the turbine spinning back the wrong way.

I would advise not to use mesh. Makes no difference whether its driven on the road, beach or in the sky. There is still dirt particles in the air and that will soon turn into grinding paste going into your cylinders and increasing bore/ring wear. It's a stupid idea not to run an air filter, they pose very little restriction these days, although piping does play a factor, roughly every 90 degree bend equates to a loss of 3% peak power.

Remember that blocking your dump valve or removing it might sound good but its there for a reason and will damage your turbo in the long run, it releases the pressure from the turbo to stop the turbine spinning back the wrong way.

Oh LOL. I was waiting for someone to say it. It won't spin backwards. Think about it...the turbine wheel is constantly being driven by exhaust gases. It ain't gonna spin backwards, it's not possible.

Yea, and where does that say the shaft will spin backwards? It doesnt. Im not disagreeing with it saying air starts going round the system the wrong way, it does, but the shaft will never spin the wrong way.

Every starlet ive ever built hasnt had a bov, and plenty of high boost race engines are built without them aswell with no problems.

Got to remember turbosmart have gotta sell their products one way or another. There not going to be saying, you dont need a BOV there poinltess, when its one of their main products.

Edited by RobSR