Fitting a decat...Advice on boost creep afterwards..

i agree,if you are at standard boost i doubt the decat will make you hit fuel cut. Mine creeps and sometimes to fuel cut as i am running slightly over standard boost

Creep below fuel cut will not be an issue

Edited by Ollieh17

Yea its worth having a boost gauge but its not the end of the world for a relatively standard car. Fuel cut is there to stop it going pop remember. Tbh with a filter in the standard location you might be fine and not hit fuel cut.

The way around it is either restricting the intake or the exhaust. Just fitting a HKS actuator or Emanage will not sort it. Everyone is saying port the waste gate, which is a ballache of work to take it all off. What you can do, which is easier is fit a restrictor ring in the exahust, which will lower the boost, then raise it backup with a boost controller.

Jamie.. Any idea on the decat.. boost creep.. engine POP talk above?

1 hour tops to change lad , Boost creep you dont want that pal you will always get it with CT9's due to there age and the abuse people give them and the cracks in the wastegate , Just go for a TD04 set up pal

Edited by Jamie_VF22

Never heard of this before. Does that not go against the point of buying a large exhaust to start with?

Its pretty common, or a restrictor on the inlet which is whats used in WRC.

It sort of does go against the point, but so does fitting a larger bore exhaust and hitting fuel cut all the time...

Its just another option and easier way than porting the wastegate thats all.

I agree. But in future which zeldoz mentioned,with a relocated air filter and FMIC it is likely to creep to fuel cut.

It won't I ran that set up fine at 0.8 bar also again with a hybrid and no fuel cut and my mate who you got the decat off ran that set up Aswell

It won't I ran that set up fine at 0.8 bar also again with a hybrid and no fuel cut and my mate who you got the decat off ran that set up Aswell

I've deicded to put it on tonight. We're see how it goes...

Hybrids usually have ported wastegates which is why that wouldnt of crept.