oil cap keeps flying off

ive just fitted my new turbo its feeling like theres loads of pressure so much so that it is blowing off the oil cap what the heck ? is it a shitty oil cap it is trd... there seems like theres just way tonmuch pressure in the block any help would be great :)

Nope! Should not be pushing the cap off mate. Not got a crack in the block have ya? You checked the plugs to see if any are soaked in oil? Should not be getting extreme oil pressure just from a new turbo. How new is it? Maybe the core has a brech to the oil ways. Defo sounds like air is being forced into the oilways tbh.

Where do the lines plumb into ?

High crankcase pressure can be a problem on starlet engines but it shouldn't be that bad to blow the oil cap off lol !!

there arnt even lines on it at the moment could it be that the oil cap isnt on properly as it doesnt really wind on that well really

Nope! Should not be pushing the cap off mate. Not got a crack in the block have ya? You checked the plugs to see if any are soaked in oil? Should not be getting extreme oil pressure just from a new turbo. How new is it? Maybe the core has a brech to the oil ways. Defo sounds like air is being forced into the oilways tbh.

my mate says he can check for cracks in the block but theres nothing obvious at the moment :s its only covered about 2k miles since new built buy liam on jere so I trust the turbo although the oil feed pipe wasnt on properly when I first started it up and drained the oil out so it was runing without oil for a bit like 20 seconds ill wip the plugs out soon to check I havnt got a socket bit will borrow one soon Edited by Cheznutter

The cap should screw on really easily then tight at the very very last. Try with no oil cap on, cover it with your.mates hand and you feel the pressure. It shouldnt be much at all. Do your revs rise or drop when u cover-uncover the oil cap hole. It should not. Male.sure your crankcase pipe and valve are not blocked

The cap should screw on really easily then tight at the very very last. Try with no oil cap on, cover it with your.mates hand and you feel the pressure. It shouldnt be much at all. Do your revs rise or drop when u cover-uncover the oil cap hole. It should not. Male.sure your crankcase pipe and valve are not blocked

just done this there isnt any presure behind it at all really should of checked that first thing