im seriously dumb. help!!

First turbo starlet and i have no clue. I got the car standard (turbo, top mount ) and it whistled loads thru the turbo. Since intercooler is on still does it. Is that normal? Sound of turbo spooling? Sounds like a jet lol. Changed knock sensor aswell and it feels different. Boost dont fully kick till like 5.5k and feels likes its holding you back. I havent even coverd the high and low boost tubes there just open. Do they need to be blanked off?

turn the boost down first.

sounds like a boost leak. these standard turbo'd are getting on a bit now so the housing seals will start to be perishing etc. best thing to do really is either get another one second hand or buy a recon'd turbo.

or recon your own if you can

• 4 weeks later...

Fixed the intercooler and now have no leaks what so ever. But yet still doesnt boost corrrctly. I so found i got like a 2 inch crack in the manifold. Will this not help it? Do think its the seals aswell,

Yeah, a crack will reduce boost dramatically and will cause all kinds of boost issues really dude. Get pauls set up asap :p.