Thinking of going big hp!!

Thats bollocks you hate me lol

Never met you in the 4 years of attending shows with UKSO and never judge people, to old and have experienced a lot of life to know that we all have different views, opinions etc and should all treat old/new members as we would like to be treated ourselves

John

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^i dont follow that question; staff / mods have the ability to move threads yes, but whats the query here? the ability to, or if staff bother to? just trying to clarify as i dont follow.

Phil.

Both lol every time I come on here I see threads in the wrong section lo and it gets on my tits to be fair, for example the WANTED ad in the lifestyle general section and the numerous threads which should be in the tech talk section.

No offense intended but it drives me mental, is it a long/better process to move a thread?

EDIT; maybe I'm just a little too anal!

Craig

Edited by Addymk2

and should all treat old/new members as we would like to be treated ourselves

John

Fair enough, in that case...

Threats from the ban stick will not be tolerated within this forum, please take this onboard before replying.

(Sorry couldn't help myself) Don't take it as offence

no its not anal mate, it bugs me too. big time.

i dont moderate anything anymore, but the rest of the staff are busy with all aspects of the site and their own lives / full time jobs. what time they do get to spend here they use to the best of their abilities, and there are moderation logs that record how much moderation takes place by individuals, but in all honesty there is also A LOT of crap that goes on behind the scenes to make this and the shows happen that it ends up not leavin alot of time to move threads that some people are either too lazy or too stoopid to create in the right section. the staff communicate CONSTANTLY DAILY through FB chat: a flavour of the topics this week alone are JAE requirements, Japfest arrangements, public liability, how we can make the show experience better for everyone, software upgrades, site improvements. Thats just this week.

Its fair to say the staff do their best, but in reality thread moving probably falls to the bottom of the urgency list. Thats not to say that its acceptable though, far from it.

The Staff will flag this with the Moderators and try to put more of an emphasis on it; if its pissing people off, which it is as its pissing me off too, then it needs to be addressed. Simple as that.

Cheers,

Phil.

Awesome, cheers for the informative reply. I understand the amount of work that goes in behind the scenes and I've got a lot of time for that.

Out of interest Parks, did you knock up this thread in irony compared to other threads you've seen lately? That's how I took it

no bother dude, happy to provide some detail into the goings on of the staff. I can appreciate that its sometimes not all that transparent what we spend our time doing (well, the rest of the guys, not me, i dont do anything lol).

a fair question deserves a fair reply.

i have posted in the Mod room asking the Mod team to make a concerted effort to address this over the coming months to see if we can put a dent in it.

please feel free to give me a shout if anything thinks there hasnt been an improvement and I'll look into it further.

Cheers,

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...