round about 5000 watt

Is that peak watts power or rms power?

I do like ice systems but I think you could have changed the lay out,

Leave the subs in back 2 facing to boot lid and 2 smaller subs facing up

With 6x9s in rear quarter panels and the smaller speakers n tweeters at front for a well balanced experience whilst in the car and out

I've still got some of my ice kit which I would put in a different car

Here's what it looked like in the starlet

best2.jpg

doorspeakers.jpg

Well, why not. I'm more of a practical guy and would sink my equpment in.

And I like the added weight because without it the rear tends to slide in hard corners because of not enough traction on the rear. More weight, more grip. Till a point after which the more weight is more than the added grip can hold.

Was thinking of striping the car out and doing it as a false floor

That'd look much better IMO.

Make a false floor and cover it, build a box within the spare wheel well to house the sub, 2 box sections either side of the boot for a pair of amps or just where the rear seat would be; 1 running the sub, another running a set of components in the doors and if you need to, a pair of mid-bass or regular co-axials where the rear bench would be or in the rear door cards.

Decent headunit and some sound deadening mat in the right places and you'll have a minimalist looking but great sounding system.

Half the time i don't understand installs and how there done in cars, trynna get about 20 speakers in the thing as they think it'll sound good, when in essence it'll be beyond poo nugget... Quantity is not quality..2 decent quality B&W bookshelf's/floorstanders and a nice hi-fi amp like a rotel or something in your front room would smash the shit out of it. This is not in reference to your car by the way, just installs in general.

Edited by RobSR

Ok, good! I've got a fairly simple system in my Tercel and it seems to hit all the notes just fine. I tried to keep things as compact as possible so I could still use the boot, so I got a JL 8W7 sub and a JL HD900 amp. That amp cranks out 900 watts RMS, but being a digital amp it takes up a fraction of the size.

20120611_183433.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a good setup for a competition or for car meets. I like just a small 10" sub in my starlet, does the job well and I havent even upgraded my front speakers :p

I love custom builds, especially when you've made them yourself, shows your creative side. Personally I don't think big builds like this suit such small cars like Starlets, this would be MAAAAD in a BMW/Audi/Golf/Lexus etc. So if you upgrade at any point be sure to keep this!