Right, Ive decided my target bhp figure is 190-200 bhp. I know Im well into tuning because of my Dad, but I dont know what I need to do to achieve this figure. Could someone in the know help me out a bit with it all please. Mods so far are as follows.

Blitz Nur Spec backbox

Induction

Hoses swapped to disable boost solenoid

-Tein super streets on, so ready for the power.

Mods planned:

HKS Silent Hi-Power full stainless exhaust

Stainless manifold

Possibly TD04

Greddy FMIC

Whiteline rear strut brace

330cc injectors

Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controller

Apexi SAFC II fuel controller

Of course this is all when funds become available, but thats my general plan, any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex.

brakes should be on your list too mate, no good going quick if you cant stop ;)

celica 2pot's fit on relatively easy, as do levins.

those parts seem about right, although you may find jap exhausts like hks etc are actually quite restrictive, a custom job will tend to free up more horses, although will be a little louder.

ask anyone who's seen inside those exhausts, they'll confirm as such (they have to meet restrictions in japan for noise etc, hence the restrictive nature of them).

Profec B II boost controllers are shit, they're cheap for a reason, definately look into something like a Blitz Dual-SBC or a HKS EVC. They're far superior to the shitty fucking profec, which have lots of problems, and struggle to hold even low boost.

Rear ARB should definately be on your list, make such a difference to the car.

With a TD04 you'll need a custom manifold and downpipe etc, so either find a kit or some sort of adaptor plate system. all depends whats available. i can sometimes source slag kits from japan, but it just depends whats available ;)

Powerflow or Longlife will build you a custom exhaust ;)

Will also need- RRFPR (Rising Rate fuel pressure Rugulator)

Small Rad off a Civic or Swift

and a good tune :(

Fuel pump is good for 200bhp so no need to uprate it but I suppose it wouldnt hurt ;)

indeed, the stock pump is good for upto 200brake i expect, uprated pumps are 255lph, which is like, massive. there is no need on a 1332cc starlet, unless you're going well above 200brake.

my friend uses one on his 500brake S14, so i doubt you'll need one anytime soon ;)

youll need a new mani for the td04, look on WEPR, or braidlines which scutch0 told me about....

You may also want to add a FCD if you havent already got one.....

look at supra injectors instead of aftermarket ones.....

if you want it too run as best as possible get a piggyback ecu like a emanage, instead of the stock one....

Hope this helps

Rob

safc will suffice, but it wont get rid of fuel cut. you may not need to remove fuel cut if you dont run over 0.9bar anyways, although an emanage will provide adjustability.

A decent mapper will be able to get similar results from an SAFC cheaply enough though, so just use whatever your tuner prefers - best way to go about it.

fcd is shite, jam fcc is a much better device if using an safc over fuel cut level, otherwise, go for something more comprehensive.

wepr manifolds are shite, its all xs power stuff, as are their (and autofixed) fmic's, so there are much better ways to sort that. stock evo fmic's for example using either custom pipework or a wepr pipework kit (his pipework will be fine as its just ali pipe at the end of the day), but select the manifolds carefully.

youll need a new mani for the td04, look on WEPR, or braidlines which scutch0 told me about....

You may also want to add a FCD if you havent already got one.....

look at supra injectors instead of aftermarket ones.....

if you want it too run as best as possible get a piggyback ecu like a emanage, instead of the stock one....

Hope this helps

Rob

Hey Fishy, u got a GT or Glanza yet?

no mate not old enough yet :p but i have a massive project in the pipeline :p that will start within the next couple of weeks so watch this space ;)

Rob

Sorted mate, looking forward to see what your gonna do. Glad we buried the hatchet :lol:

• 1 year later...

Bringing this old topic back up again save making a new one, I just want to go over it and get a solid idea what needs doing to get around the 200 mark.

There's a possibility of me getting a GT next year so I want to know what's involved as it's obviously more complicated than a non turbo.

200 seems to be a good target as it's a decent amount of power while still being able to keep many standard parts, internals, injectors, etc...

I think the CT9 should be fine for 200bhp at 1 Bar, or am I pissing into the wind already?

I've read the article in the tutorials and from what else I can gather this should be on the right track towards 200:

A good full service

Intake relocated to the front

Full exhaust system

Gutted cat or decat pipe

Exhaust Manifold

Actuator

Port the wastegate or get an external one?

FMIC

E-Manage or a standalone ECU?

oh and can't forget the BOV B)

and of course the other things like boost gauge, boost controller...

a ct9 wont make 200bhp happily (although dubse7ven did i think) you would would need extensive head work full supporting mods and fueling and the ct9 will be majorly maxed out and wouldn't last long at all.

jam, blitz etc are plug and play- they don't self learn they simple adjust to changes slightly like the standard ecu does.

Would 180-190 be a more reasonable figure?

And would one of those standalone ECU's cope with running up to 1 bar of boost or will there still be a fuel cut problem?

that would be a more realistic figre but still the ct9 will be at it's max effieciency at about 0.9bar

if you have a jam etc ecu it removes fuel cut etc so you wouldnt have to worry about that and it would handle 1bar just fine.

Wallace is running 190 bhp on a standard ct9, it is possible but to achieve a steady 200 bhp you will need a hybrid ct9 @ circa 1bar.

The hybrid I have will run 1.1 bar consistently but you will need to forge your engine with sufficient fueling to run that kind of boost safely and reliably imo. Turbo Dave is running 221 bhp on his hybrid at 1.2 bar on a forged engine to give you an example.

Same ^^ wouldnt it be better still to run a hybrid at 180-190, as it will be less stress for it compared to continually running the fully stressed out CT9 at .85-.90....180-190 is a decent power figure for a daily driver

So....

A good full service (uprated leads,dizzy etc)

Intake relocated to the front

Full exhaust system

Gutted cat or decat pipe

Exhaust Manifold

Actuator

Port the wastegate

FMIC

E-Manage blue

Hybrid?

I'd rather keep the CT9 on 0.9 - 1 bar.

If Wallace has 190bhp on a CT9 then that's good enough for me, then maybe go for forged internals and hybrid in the future but tbh it's all just dreaming for now, rather stay with a sensible target instead of bullshitting myself.