• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hey me again... So I've fitted my JAM ECU but over fuelling big time. The dyno people said to get another FPR? Will this be ok to run with the ECU? Has anyone else had to do this? I will probs get a sard one defo not tuning dev one again!

It's smoking and smells of fuel. Even the guy at the dyno said something isn't right? I'm so confused :(

Would you say FPR will help this?

a fpr could be used to adjust the afrs, but these plug and play ecus run standard ish fuel preasure usually.

I'd sugesst running a diagnostics check just to see if you have any sensors at fault first. A decent fpr is money well spent though.

white smoke is generally oil,for example mines doing it at the moment as the tuby seals are dying

as for the "holding back" i dont know the ins and outs so hard to comment

the low a/f ratio isnt uncommon (10.0) .toyota starlet turbos go as low as this from factory so cant be terrible.

and yeah turbo tobz is right,i heard the same about these jam etc ecus,they like stock pressure apparently

Grey smoke generally means water in the cylinders, grey/bluey is a sign of oil.

You'll probably find what your experiencing is condensation rather than smoke. As long as your not losing any fluids you have no reason to worry.

Diagnostics is the plug in right side of engine bay mounted to the bulkhead saying diagnostics (there is a plug able device for this but it's uber rare it's called tecs or something )

Anyways link terminal e1 and te1 with ignition on get some one to count the amount of flashes the engine management light makes in the instrument cluster and look on here google or tgtt for the list.

34 flashes then a pause or something means code 34 etc. If it constantly flashes non stop no problem!

Edited by TurboTobz

Ok I will try this. I found out the other day that previous owner has taken the engine management light out! So I bet there is a problem. Gawwwdddd!

the good thing is that the sensors on these cars are dirt cheap it wont be anything expensive

this is common and seen this on quite a few starlets,just takes a nicked wire or slightly damaged wire and will throw up a error

or less likely is the knock sensor itself but rare.

yes it will cause power loss as it alters spark as a precaution