Hi

I have just fitted a tuning developments fuel pressure regulator and have had the car tested on a dyno. They set the FPR up at 3 bar which sorted the problem with it running too rich but just wanted to see what everyone else runs at? Also since I have fitted it, it struggles starting for a couple of seconds when cold... Do you think my ECU is just getting used to the fuelling being different? I hope this makes sense (I am not brilliant at all of this!) :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe still be a bit rich on cold start, which is causing it to flood with fuel and not enough air getting in, try putting the fuel pressure down a little bit more and see if that sorts it.

i know that the coolant temp sensor also plays a part of the fuelling side, so may need to change that

Thanks! I have quite a big front mount intercooler, boost controller, am in process of getting a fcd. The guy that I got the car from said it's got a hybrid turbo but I'm not so sure. He also said it had an MOT and found out that it was fake! Lol so not sure what turbo it has. X

why wouldnt you fit the FCD yet? It was hitting fuel cut at .9 bar boost. I have turned it down to .8 and when I took it to a dyno the other day they said to fit that then I can get it all set up correctly? x

Is the tuning developments fpr a good one. Im after a regulator and after toying with ebay shite, hearing bad things about fse and fearing sard replicas Im stumped for a reliable regulator. Its only to run an na so dont need anything fancy

Is the tuning developments fpr a good one. Im after a regulator and after toying with ebay shite, hearing bad things about fse and fearing sard replicas Im stumped for a reliable regulator. Its only to run an na so dont need anything fancy

Why would you need one on a NA? The factory one is fine?

I'm going to be buying a fuel lab one, seem to be the most favored and I haven't heard any horror stories yet.

Factory ones are not fine on an N/A. I was having problems with my Tomei FPR and put the standard one back on. Drove 2 miles up the road and changed it back. The engine was definitely not getting enough fuel.

I'm going to be buying a fuel lab one, seem to be the most favored and I haven't heard any horror stories yet.

Factory ones are not fine on an N/A. I was having problems with my Tomei FPR and put the standard one back on. Drove 2 miles up the road and changed it back. The engine was definitely not getting enough fuel.

Out of interest, why are you changing the fueling on a N/A? Is it big powered?

• 3 months later...

Need help again. As stated I fitted a TD FPR a few months ago and I started having problems with it starting when the engine is warm. For instance I turn engine off for half hour then go to start it and it doesn't start.

I've recently had TD have a look at it and they sent it back but said nothing about it (whether it was faulty or not) anyway, I fitted it incase they had fixed it and I'm still having same problems!

Does anyone know why this could be?

Cheers

Kate

Does it take more than a few seconds to start? Mine did this when warm too, i changed my fuel pump not long ago to solve another problem and now it starts within a split second every time, is your fuel pressure correct too?

Edited by EPnick22

Ah ok I might look into changing that. But sometimes it won't start at all and I have to wait a minute or two and even then it struggles.

It's so weird. I am going to get a sard FPR and see if it helps ad if not I'll have to start replacing other things lol x

Take off the fuel line from the fpr to the rail and turn it over see if fuel comes out (get someone to hold.it with a piece of rag itll squirt out big time if the pumps working lol) my pump wiring was butchered by the plug aswell and sometimes it wouldnt squirt out any fuel from the fpr line

The problem with going the FPR and FCD route... To run 1 bar of boost...

Is your cant adjust the fueling progressively...

The fueling doesn't want to change low end, when your running .6bar or 1bar of boost...

But if you whack the pressure up so it fuels ok up to end on boost. its going to be too rich low end. Drive like shit...

Sell the FCD and FPR...

Get an E-Manage or Plug & Play ecu and the car will start perfect everytime!

Id like to know that as well because I have a jam ecu and ive heard you don't need an fpr with one of these, however, ive been told with an uprated fuel rail you need an fpr and im currently in the process of buying a zisco fuel rail with all fittings, hoses and SARD fpr. I already have a 255 fuel pump forged engine hybrid turbo etc.

Also if you have a boost controller will he jam ecu manage to fuel correctly without having to change the fpr?

As for the problem your having id wait to get your jam ecu see if that solves things