And another one

Hey guys ;)

I just signed up a minutes ago while i was trying to hunt down some stuf.

I went out and brough a Starlet SR for 1500 with 70,000 on the clock a few weeks ago as my first car so im a bit new to this stuf, but I've been hunting for some clear indicators for the front n side but with no luck what so ever.

Also I've bin thinking about spraying or gettin the back lights sprayed to give them a bit of a tint as i fancy the idea of makin the back lights semetrical etc, I saw something about getting the right back light off a left hand drive model but that seems like it would be hard to hunt down.

Then the other thing i was going to do is get an exhuast or back box or whatever to make it sound a bit more meaty as all its got on there at the moment is some cheap thing from like kwik-fit or something.

I saw something about a toyota team europe while i was browsing then though I've got a lil TTE on my spoiler and put 2 and 2 together, then the cars had an exhaust change in its life before i got it, and i was wondering anyone hav any idea wether the SR comes with that exhaust standard?

Also im not to wel off due to being at uni so im lookin 2 pump some money into it but not drain it all

Any help would be much apriciated ;)

JAG

Orite mate, Im new aswell mate just thought id be the 1st person to say hi. I dont know much about the indicators or lights. Your right about a backbox though. If i were you id see about getting an exhaust custom made by powerflow then you can choose exactly how you want it. Otherwise your looking at universals which are a bugger to fit.

Joe.

Cheer man ;)

lol yeah i was having a bit of a general browse thru the sight n saw someone else had said about it coming with the exhuast wonder wether it will make any difference to the insurace if i say i dont have the origional on there

Oh well i just wana gt some money together and get something, so how would i go about getting a powerflow exhuast custom made + cost wise is it going to burn a hugh hole in my pocket?

Im planning to get the back windows sprayed as i put some film on them to black them out which looks ok but due to the curve on the back window its to hard to apply to the back so I've only got it on the two side windows, but a mate of mine got his back 3 done for 100 so i wana find out where n get that sorted as well.

JAG

hey bud welcome to uksc

when you can get some pics fired up in the rides section and maybe fill in your profile also ;)

I saw something about getting the right back light off a left hand drive model but that seems like it would be hard to hunt down.

i was wondering anyone hav any idea wether the SR comes with that exhaust standard?

Any help would be much apriciated ;)

JAG

for the clear indicators and these rear lights alll you need are some part numbers for these parts that can be obtained in the parts numbers section, there are a selection of rear lenses to chooose from all available from toyota.

the starlet sr came with a tte rear back box but most of them have rusted away by now and i dont know if they are still available from toyota,

there are a few copys though

Welcome to UKSC JAG.

Your best bet for a TTE backbox is 2nd hand either from an owner on here or ebay, the advantage is that it will be a straight no hassle fit onto your starlet exhaust system, the disavantage is that they dont last awfully long and chances are the one you may get will be on its last legs.

Still keep your eye open tho. Tailored backboxes are usually more expensive than universal ones which can be a nightmare to fit, possible but not perfect.

Here is an example of an alternative (similar to tte) that will be straight fit. Lazer Backbox

As for the tints, get them done properly mate ;) My two rear sides are done, but the rear was just too difficult due to the curve. Gonna get them done pro later.

You have discovered yourself a nice project, feel free to ask anything on here , we are all happy to put you in the right direction, the rest is up to you

Most of all, hope you enjoy the site.

Joz

Health of knowledge lol :(

Think il go for that laser back box if i can get my mits on 1 or also saw this one as couldnt find the single pipe one without logging in etc

http://www.morego.co.uk/product_details.ph...amp;category=22

look prety similar to the other 1 +its got toyota starlet splashed all over the page

I'll also head over to toyota n see about the indicators now I've found the part numbers ;)

and enquire about the rear lenses

Thanks guys

JAG

;)

plans sound good other than the tinted rear lights, looks well tacky in my opinion.

Tbh think im gna leave that idea and just try get my mits on a clear lens for the bottom of the left back light

I just like symetrical stuf n weneva im in a car n the car in front has a clear bit on the light one side and a red bit the other side it just irritates me... :D

lol

JAG

if you want symetrical rear lenses your guna have to get a glanza rear lense for the left hand side they are red at the bottom like the right hand side,

the lenses are £22.74 + VAT each from toyota

also you wont have a reversing light unless you fit another one somewhere else

Yo Morgey

Says u got rear glanza lights on your little mods list just interested but what u do about the whole reverse light situation?

Just got clear indicator lenses +side blinkers from toyota the other day :lol:

Need 2 get some bulbs for the indicators tho before i can fit them but will hopefully be doing that later :)

JAG

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a glanza lense for the left hand side if wanted....

Cheers for the offer mate but think im gna get myself a set of the Reflet lenses n put a red bulb in for the forg light that way i dont have to go to all the trouble of fitting a new reverse light :D

:D

Hey JAG :) know I have left this a bit late but welcome hehe!

Hope your well

Better late than never :(

And thankyou for the 'official welcome'

haha

Im not 2 bad thanks for askin bit of a neck ache atm tho :(