Toby's V! WEPR topmount turbo kit! Pics up.

Just a quick one as I have to be up for work in 5 hours lol, got this on Saturday from an old forum member will put some more details and pics up soon, for now here's some pics...

Rough spec:

- Zisco Mild Steel tubular CT9 Manifold

- Zisco Decat

- HKS Turbo Timer

- Gizzmo Electronic boost controller

- 15" Advan RC wheels

- Toyo Proxes

- Toyosports Front mount intercooler

- Shout route hot pipe

- Japspeed 2.5" stainless system

- Powerflow angled back box

- Relocated Foam filter

- Rocker breather filter

- Auto gauges boost gauge

- Optional extra front splitter

- Optional extra wind deflectors

- SRS airbag passenger side

- Cj performance HT Leads

- Iridium NGK spark plugs

- CDA 9853 Alpine Slider/Touch headunit

- Pioneer 6x9's

- De locked and smoothed boot lid

- De wipered and smoothed boot lid

- Blanked BOV

- Lowered

- Grooved and drilled EBC discs

- HEL Blue braided brake hoses

- EBC Brake pads

- Momo steering wheel and boss

- Momo Gear knob

- DIY short shifter

- Bumper cut where numberplate would be

- 98 spec clear indicators

It did come with a load more things, mid duck spoiler, other filters, bailey dump valve (lol), japspeed back box and so on, I also have a load of things remaining from my other builds so the spec will be slightly changing, I will also be removing some bits I'm not particularly happy with steering wheel, diy short shifter, auto gauge, Jizzmo and bits But for the time being there is no insane rush!

ED59B21E-DD32-4CEB-8303-1140A33F8510-482

F143692E-88F8-41EA-8F32-65A56B7A189D-482

66605327-C0C6-40F7-B663-88CEFE3BD93F-482

A big thanks to t-j-Wilson, was well worth the trip from south east Kent to Woking in Surrey!

Edited by TurboTobz
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a few bits to sort first, nothing major just removing some bits probably will end up with 98 spec front end ideally uncut, with splitter and fogs, and probably reflet red rear lights.

To do:

- Service

- thermostat

- investigate rad fan as doesn't come on

- sort exhaust manifold blow

- adjust clutch

- remove DIY short shifter

Once the above is done I'll be doing some tidying etc, then maybe some recaros from an Evo and ideally a greddy eo1 instead of the jizmo, not sure on the overall future of the engine, at the moment I'm not massively bothered with power I just want to keep it mint and carry on improving it rather than following the croud too much. Knowing me I'll get bored fast and be on the look out for a decent few upgrades but at the moment I'm I'm no rush!

Edited by TurboTobz

The shifter itself is standard it's just been spaced out I think and makes selecting 2nd and 4th a nightmare, feels stiff I originally thought it was gearbox but having felt it a bit more I'm under the impression it's the spacers. But the shifters buggered I will bear that in mind!

Very mint car toby :)

Indeed mate, lovely example of a pre 2000 car! I'm just happy it hasn't had the front bumper 1/2 cut out lol, and it's barely been fettled with engine wise, which is something that's rare to find in a starlet these days!

looks clean :) good work

james

Thanks pal!

Looks nice mate quite like them wheels lol

They've really grown on me! Love em!

Dem Advan RCs <3

Some real clean JDMness right thurrrr!

Glad you like it mate, look after it! I'm pretty sure you will! Be interesting to see what you do to it :D...

Tobie

I can't thank you enough pal, thanks for taking such good care of it and not ruining it, theres too many around that have been pissed about with and messed up. I was wrong with the air con removal causing the rad fan not to engage, that's something on GT's but it only makes them constantly run lol, more than likely the switch in the thermostat or a relay I have a spare thermostat housing and associated sensors luckily :)

Keep checked up on here, there will be some improvements just unsure as to what yet lol! P.s. Did I add you on Facebook?

Ah right. Shifter should be fine mate after removing the spacers

Hopefully so!

Its nice to see some pics of it Toby, wheels are very tidy indeed, nice one ;)

Cheers pal! Loving it!!!

Nice fine matey, second best colour to :p

Paint work does look awesome!!

The best colour you mean :) It is absolutely mint mate!!

Nice example I could do with those centre caps haha :p

Thanks pal, haha I can imagine they'd be a right bugger to get hold of!

No worries mate my pleasure. i wish everyone praised it when i had it like they are though haha :p! Need to know whether you found the V5 document and sent it off?? No i don't think you did in the end mate haha find me again if you like :)

Cheers mate

Edited by t-j-wilson Glanza V

No worries mate my pleasure. i wish everyone praised it when i had it like they are though haha :p! Need to know whether you found the V5 document and sent it off?? No i don't think you did in the end mate haha find me again if you like :)

Cheers mate

Have sent you a text, and also messaged you on Facebook it maybe in 'others', won't show an add friend button for some reason probably privacy settings related?

Not much to report back, just had a go at sorting the gearbox issue but it has had the throw extended and welded so I do need another shifter unit...

I have removed the BOV blank and put in a nice Blitz Super Sound, have tried to kinda hide it away to keep it looking tidy.

Also tried removing and relocating the air filter as it sits in the grille, unfortunately theres zero room for it with the short route I/C pipe so I'll have to use my imagination. I would also like to put another grille back in as it has been removed so I will have to source another.

Lastly, the car has had a good clean to keep it in the pristine condition it is in!

Still very undecided on future or plans, as it is very subtle and I do like it that way, it's not very often you come across a glanza that's not been fettled with much, but if I do decide to start upgrading bit's I'll be looking for top quality and probably rarer parts. Who knows!

• 2 months later...