Mindless' daily driver

Since there's a bit of downtime with the race car at the moment while prepping for the endurance race in about 3 weeks time, I'd like to share my other car/daily driver. A pristine 98 spec Honda Civic Type-R (EK9)

Got it when I decided to make the EP82 a full racecar. It had only 80t original KMs on the clock. Came with all the original manual, brochures and service records from Japan.

A friend borrowed the car to enter in a car show (to promote his detailing/paint business) so I just had it newly detailed and the 17" CR-KAI's repainted. Everything else is pretty much bone stock – even still rocking the stock airbox. Oh and the sparkplug cover was signed by R.W.B.'s Nakai-san when he came here to build 2 Porsches. :)

ek9.jpg

EK9-2.jpg

ek9-3.jpg

Edited by mindless

Thanks guys appreciate the comments! :)

@Starlet-joshy - yes mate you should def get one. A totally different beast from our starlets. May not have the same grunt as our little 1.3 but man wringing that b16b engine is like conducting an orchestra. Music to my ears :)

@Idrees - very flattered sir ;)

@redz11 - I totally agree. I myself would never part with my GT as it was my first car but I like the duality of having a no-holds-barred race car in the GT and a nice capable road car in the EK9 :)

A few more things I want to share here's a pic of my engine signed by Akira Nakai of RWB:

943069_10151675522299534_2037226490_n.jp

The man himself:

463656_10151676971139534_1406868069_o.jp

Also a video of the EK9 doing a little Circuit cross action a few months back (autocross but on a circuit. still point to point). Launching is shit because I'm on 340 treadwear road tires :p. Unexpectedly bagged 3rd place

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nX6tWza9Go&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfV0LTGP1px3rhttsjwCPFA

• 1 month later...
Been having beautiful afternoons lately so I decided to play around with my Lumix GH2 and shoot a short video of my EK9. Enjoy!

(Best viewed in 720p)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WIz5n1ditY

Hopefully I can do the same with my EP82

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to taking the EK9 to the track. 2m37.11s Not bad for a stock 1.6L on street tires. Personal best time on the starlet race car is 2m33s.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P_qLi3dMwo

Edited by mindless
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...