You alright guys ?? I'm new to the forum but I understand the cost of running a car and as far as im concerned every little helps. I've been talking with my managers and they said if we can get enough interest that any body who is part of the ukso or involved with us can get a cheap mot at any of our branches but mainly Medway (my branch) the mot will be £25 but they will not be fobbed off and will be completely legal (so make sure it will pass the emmissions guys) please let me know if you are interested and if you are il put the phone number up for you or pm me for details :) c'mon guys!!!

No offense dude but the emissions is the worst bit I would say around 50% of forum members are running bigger turbos and decats and would fail emissions if they took there starlet to that test centre if hes only doing genuine emissions, could you not get him to do 'special' emissions tests ??

Edited by russ78

its not worth our licences to fake the emmissions guys but like I said sports cats in a bit of pipe that is slot on and slot off and job done (that's all I do since my cat went bust), but the offer is there but only for genuine ones and I think if your car is pre 1995 emmissions aren't a worry

It's not really "slot on and slot off" with Glanza's and GT Turbo's it's a pain in the arse and i garuntee everyone on any forum with a modified car will have a friend who works at a garage that trip over with the exhaust reader into another car.

He's not saying install and install the cat. You can get a sports cat in a pipe to fit in the exhaust middle section or similar.and just bolt in and out pretty easy. If you buy a sports cat though it was my understanding you may aswell leave it in as not much more restricitive than a decat

He's not saying install and install the cat. You can get a sports cat in a pipe to fit in the exhaust middle section or similar.and just bolt in and out pretty easy. If you buy a sports cat though it was my understanding you may aswell leave it in as not much more restricitive than a decat

I know, but what im saying is a "sports cat" is a replacment cat.. Or in 99% of people here's case a decat. I'd rather give £30 and a pack of 20 mayfair to pass mine lol!

I thought we got away with emissions tests?

Last time I looked into it, I read that because the the 4EFTE engine wasn't sold in the UK they can only do a base idle test for emissions..

Sadly thats not the case, theres a LOT of wrong imfo being passed about sadly which confuses people.

This is the guidelines that MOT testers should follow, a lot of them dont have a clue tbh. My old GT was a 1994 L reg and passed a proper emissions test with a TD04 kit and no cat.

motcat_zps4538a5db.gif

I work in a mot garage and the emissions swap over date is either 1995 il grab the exact date tomorrow but yeah your cat is after your lambda sensor so you could have your cat absolutely anywhere in your exhaust and a sports cat can actually increase power over a de-cat by creating adequate amount of back pressure and then its actually road legal too double bonus

Its after 31/7/95 it needs a cat test, im training to be an MOT tester. Sports cats are only really good for N/a cars, on a turbo you want a little back pressure as possible, ie side exit.

I work in a mot garage and the emissions swap over date is either 1995 il grab the exact date tomorrow but yeah your cat is after your lambda sensor so you could have your cat absolutely anywhere in your exhaust and a sports cat can actually increase power over a de-cat by creating adequate amount of back pressure and then its actually road legal too double bonus

Maybe it's different over here in Northern Ireland but i dunno why It would be! I hear all different stories some say pre 95, some 2000 and some say they are exempt which I think is correct because I passed emissions yesterday in my mot with decat and full straight through...