Winter, Road Salt, Rust

Didn't get round to under-sealing the car before the bad weather and road salt came out :( There is slight surface rust under the car already but nothing out of the ordinary. I suppose Toyotas hold up quite well?

Other question is, is it too late to waxyoil or hammerite the car now? Read that once the moisture has set in its bad to then seal it in.

I would not underseal at this time of year.

What I do is grease up the underside with some really good sticky molex stuff. Sand down any parts with surface rust on and lather the grease on the parts. It won't last forever but will get you through winter ready for a fresh underseal in the spring.

Aye man starlets dont really rust. Grease your brake pipes including the fittings and the rest will be grand until the summer. Your bonnet and front cross member will suffer more rust than most parts. A good powerhose around the back arch folds and up round the suspension tops should keep you right.

I wouldn't do it now, I just managed to get mine done before they started salting the roads. It depends what sort of workshop you have, if you have a space heater etc and can heat the place up to dry it out then you can do it anytime. If it's on your drive i'd leave it till next year like others have said.