yeah interesting point, when I declared the mods on my mini, they weren't concerned that I had doubled the horse power, only if I had a roll cage...crazy! £600 without a cage...£2500 with a cage...check with your insurers first before you get one.

Yeah, even tho its a safety feature they figure that because u'v fitted one u must be expecting to roll the car. They dont take into considertion that it could come in handy if your t-boned or rear ended or somethin and prevent serious injury. They figure that if it was really necessary the factory would fit one, therefore u must be doing silly things in order to warrant fitting it...nerks!!!! I considered a custom one too because my dad wanted me to fit on...not sure tho, expensive.

Phil.

why dont you go and ask your local garge if they could just custom one for you prob get it cheaper than 600 that way!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah a fake one. May as well make one out out toilet roll tubes covered in tinfoil for all that'll help in a crash. There's a reason they're expensive.