Help steering wheel/air bag

I've removed my old steering wheel on my EP91 98 starlet 1.3 (not glanza) and put new one on however I now have a warning light saying I have no airbag because it was removed with the old steering wheel any ides how to get rid of the warning light ?

Reseting it won't do shit if there's no airbag there.

For the mot your airbag light must act as normal, come on with ignition then turn off, so you have to fool the system into thinking there's an airbag there.

This can be done by a simple resistor block or just head to

Www.dashlightremoval.com (i think that's the site)

I've tried that took all the HUD out but couldn't get round the back of the gauges to get at the bulb, seemed although the cables behind were tight and couldn't pull it out, debated pulling the whole dash off to get at it is that the best way ?

If there is no airbag then you dont need an airbag light.

For MOTs you cant test what isnt there, generally anyway.

Pretty sure now if the car came fitted with an airbag,whether its there or not, the airbag light must work. Bit like cats.

I might be wrong on that though. If that is the case then yeah just pull the bulb out lol

Can you not take the fuse out?, I presume the light is supposed to come on if the fuse is out to show that there is no airbag connected, however when i took my fuse out the light went off, try that mate?

My apolagise if you already have lol, just incase :)

• 2 weeks later...